[UKHAS] probable Launch announcement Elsworth - Friday 03/05/2024

Steve

May 2, 2024, 7:26:34 AMMay 2
to UKHAS
Guys - a heads up for  a possible launch tomorrow from Elsworth -
expecting about 1:20pm.

Still awaiting on a couple of things to confirm go ahead.

Couple of trackers - both 100 baud 4FSK Horus:

    434.250MHz - callsign Xpico

    434.425MHz - callsign Ypico

Kind regards

    Steve

www.avg.com

Steve

May 3, 2024, 2:59:23 AMMay 3
to UKHAS
Correction

    434.250MHz - callsign Xpico

    434.475MHz - callsign Ypico

    Steve

Steve

May 3, 2024, 6:13:42 AMMay 3
to UKHAS
Flight Cancelled - it was going to be megga wet anyways - I hate doing
launches in the rain.

Fairweather balloonist me.

    Steve

David Akerman

May 3, 2024, 6:16:06 AMMay 3
to uk...@googlegroups.com
I remember helping out with a very wet HAB launch, holding the balloon with litres of rain running round the balloon and down my arm.  Best to avoid :)

Dave

Steve

May 3, 2024, 7:04:42 AMMay 3
to uk...@googlegroups.com

I've always wondered how much extra a wet balloon, parachute, line and payload weighs.  I've just put in a fair few more Stirks to compensate - but it would be good to quantify.

    Steve

Gavig

May 9, 2024, 4:54:02 PMMay 9
to UKHAS
Darn it,

I'm about to buy a new pi and lora hat to help track! and all the actions happening this weekend :)

Awesome stuff