Last Minute Launch Announcement

j.r.h...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2023, 4:34:53 AM4/22/23
to UKHAS
Hi All,

Last minute launch announcement, HAB balloon being launched from Westcott this morning as we finally found a suitable weather window.

Callsign: DVSLaunch
Frequency: 434.375
Lora Mode: Mode 1

We don't have a pi cam on this flight as we only need video footage from a GoPro.

First time using sondehub.

Kind Regards

Jonathan

Philip Day

Apr 22, 2023, 8:55:41 AM4/22/23
to uk...@googlegroups.com
Best wishes for the launch! Did you take photos of the set-up? I always thought a GoPro might be quite heavy on the payload scale for us?

John Laidler

Apr 22, 2023, 9:10:20 AM4/22/23
to uk...@googlegroups.com
The flight seems to have gone well, congratulations. Hopefully now recovered and interesting video to be put on YouTube!

John

j.r.h...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2023, 5:13:24 AM4/23/23
to UKHAS
The flight went very smoothly and was great to see others pickup on the telemetry at such last minute.

@John The flight was to film a hard drive for a company who ask our help in getting it on a balloon so I will have to see what they do with the footage.

@Phil We will have some but I don't have access to them right now but will try and add something on Monday. We had a string of failed flights (some self inflicted some out of our control) so we have made our payload a little on the heavier side but getting the reliability and consistency down. So we have sacrificed altitude for a heavier payload but that is something I hope to reduce now that we have had a consistent success on the last couple of launches.

The best thing we have done is 3D print a neck insert with 1/2" thread to take JG speedfit washing machine valve  that makes filling and neck lift test a breeze to complete. With the very still conditions we had this morning we were able to let it self fill near the end.

Thank you all once again.

Jonathan

Philip Day

Apr 23, 2023, 12:49:03 PM4/23/23