I want to print a new case

David Turnbull

Dec 26, 2019, 2:11:18 PM12/26/19
to uKenbak-1
Has the case design been released? I want to relocate the power jack.

Chris Davis

Dec 27, 2019, 12:37:33 PM12/27/19
to uKenbak-1
I don't have a new 3D printed case design, I want to have a metal shop make the new cases.

David Turnbull

Dec 27, 2019, 1:11:07 PM12/27/19
to uKenbak-1
I have the uKenbac-1 in a 3D printed case that it came with. It's not metal. I don't know anything about a new case. I have a 3D printer. I would like to print a new, slightly different, case of the same old design. It would save time if I can download a model instead of starting from scratch.

Chris Davis

Dec 27, 2019, 2:17:35 PM12/27/19
to uKenbak-1
I thought I had posted that here once, but I can't find it.  Here it is again.
kenbakCase9withSides.stl

Randy E (OoMOR)

Dec 27, 2019, 4:01:14 PM12/27/19
to uKenbak-1
Chris, Do you plan on offering replacement cases as an upgrade for current users? (Getting my toe in the door, just in "case")

On Friday, December 27, 2019 at 9:37:33 AM UTC-8, Chris Davis wrote:
I want to have a metal shop make the new cases..

Chris Davis

Dec 30, 2019, 2:23:56 PM12/30/19
to uKenbak-1
No, the metal case version would be completely different.

Tom Lake

Dec 30, 2019, 4:28:04 PM12/30/19
to uKenbak-1
So any idea when it might become available?

Tom L

Chris Davis

Dec 31, 2019, 11:35:15 AM12/31/19
to uKenbak-1
No.  It still exists only in my head and on paper.  If I had to guess, maybe summer or fall.