Here's something new I've been working on.

famousd...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2020, 1:57:22 PM11/23/20
to uKenbak-1
I've never tried SMD so this is a completely new type of endeavor for me.  I'm still waiting on some components, so I figure it will be a couple weeks until I know if it works.
IMG_6114.jpg

Vicente González

Nov 23, 2020, 2:07:54 PM11/23/20
to famousd...@gmail.com, uKenbak-1
Those PCBs look familiar to me... :)
2020-10-06 15.46.25.jpg

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 1:57 PM famousd...@gmail.com <famousd...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've never tried SMD so this is a completely new type of endeavor for me.  I'm still waiting on some components, so I figure it will be a couple weeks until I know if it works.
IMG_6114.jpg

famousd...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2020, 2:13:22 PM11/23/20
to uKenbak-1
Wow, that looks awesome!  I remember you mentioning that a long time ago, but I just assumed it was like so many of my projects: an idea that never came to fruition.

famousd...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2020, 2:19:24 PM11/23/20
to uKenbak-1
Do you have components on the back or did you eliminate the shift registers?

Vicente González

Nov 23, 2020, 2:19:25 PM11/23/20
to famousd...@gmail.com, uKenbak-1
Thanks to the  lockdown ... I just finished the firmware a week ago ... I have been posting my progress on Twitter. #KENBAKRuler

famousd...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2020, 2:25:24 PM11/23/20
to uKenbak-1
Part of me wants to follow your Twitter feed and part of me wants to avoid copying what you've done...

Charley Jones

Nov 23, 2020, 3:11:55 PM11/23/20
to famousd...@gmail.com, uKenbak-1
There is always the electric skillet method.  Hand apply the paste and components then heat up the board.  As there is little movement, so it works.

I did develop single sided boards with SMT components.  Easy enough to hand solder.  Will be pushing my shop open again.

Dataman in Las Vegas

Sent from my iPhone Xs!