Kenbak-1 with ChatGPT

Ricky Bryce

Apr 11, 2023, 5:51:18 AM4/11/23
to uKenbak-1
I was just trying out ChatGPT to write a Kenbak-1 program, which was completely messed up.    Finally, I had it list what it thought the instruction set was.  You'll get a kick out of this.  ChatGPT.png

Austin Erickson

Apr 13, 2023, 7:13:14 PM4/13/23
to uKenbak-1
There's just not enough information on the web about the Kenbak-1 for it to know enough about it. It's just 10 years behind what I want it to be. I'm surprised that it used Octal, It is great with binary and hexadecimal but struggled with octal.

Ricky Bryce

Apr 13, 2023, 7:51:11 PM4/13/23
to uKenbak-1
Yes, and I think some of the PDF documents are difficult for a machine to discern.   Here, it almost looks like it's just guessing at the opcodes.  I'm not sure how it came up with this list.