Mars Lander (a bold project)

Ardunaut

Oct 4, 2021, 8:55:51 PM10/4/21
to uKenbak-1
Mars_Lander_B.png
Due to budget cuts and an obvious shortage of integrated circuits, NASA decided to implement the landing on Mars using a KENBAK-1.
I will be working on how to put the program in the new chosen flight computer ...

Mars_Lander_ecuations.png

famousd...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2021, 9:41:57 AM10/5/21
to uKenbak-1
That's awesome!  Thanks for sharing this.

Ardunaut

Oct 5, 2021, 3:32:07 PM10/5/21
to uKenbak-1
I think the math was reduced to addition and subtraction and a division by 2, easily done with shift left.
After implementing the equations in the spreadsheet everything seems to be going well, I'll keep experimenting.
We are also going to need a friendly interface on the KENBAK-1, that is going to be a challenge ...

Mars_Lander_Test-01a.png

Ardunaut

Oct 5, 2021, 4:10:01 PM10/5/21
to uKenbak-1
I have not tested it but it would be great if the CLEAR button works while the program is running.
The original KENBAK-1 hardware has the CLEAR button connected to the INPUT flip/flops.
This to allow editing the new thrust value.
Here an initial idea of how to play the "Mars Lander".
I did some testing before and pressing two buttons simultaneously to generate the command "Thrust Fire" seems to work fine.
Mars_Lander_game.png