uKenbak-1 Printing to an electric typewriter

Cory Whitesell

May 11, 2022, 12:31:07 PM5/11/22
to uKenbak-1
I shared this previously on a Kenbak-1 facebook page but thought I'd share it here too.

This implements a 1-dimensional cellular automata and prints it by wiring photoresistors to the keyboard connector on an electrical typewriter and flashing certain bits on the uKenbak-1 to press 'a', space, or return.

It has no practical value but it was enjoyable to create. Thanks for creating these replica/emulators, it has given me insights into machine coding that I never had previously.

famousd...@gmail.com

May 12, 2022, 10:24:31 AM5/12/22
to uKenbak-1
Very cool!