Permission denied?

peter jones

Jun 8, 2024, 2:54:43 PMJun 8
to Ukelele Users
First time keyboard builder. I can't save the file because Mac OS Sonoma says have to change permissions. But where is the file so I can change the permissions? Search doesn't show up, Thanks.

Gé van Gasteren

Jun 8, 2024, 5:50:11 PMJun 8
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
I’m not sure I understand your situation, but my first thought is that it’s not about file permissions but folder permissions.
What happens when you try to save it to a different location, or even another volume (thumb drive) ?

Best practice is NOT to save directly to any Keyboard Layouts folder where the System can access your keyboard layout.
Instead, create a "studio" folder where you keep notes, different versions, etc. and save it there.
Then use Ukelele’s Organiser to install your keyboard layout in the appropriate Library>Keyboard Layouts> location.