Command layer based on last-used Latin layout

Art Tosborvorn

Oct 27, 2022, 11:54:03 PM10/27/22
to Ukelele Users
I'm using Colemak-DH for my Latin layout and I'd like to use Command layer that's associated with the Colemak-DH layout. That works fine.

When I switch to the built-in Thai layout, the Command layer is based on the last-used Latin layout. That is, if I were to go from QWERTY to Thai, holding Cmd+[left index finger home key] would produce Cmd+F. If I were to go instead from Colemak to Thai, doing the same would result in Cmd+T.

Now if I instead used a custom Thai layout built from Ukelele, I have to specify the layout for the Command layer, which makes it impossible to make the command layer changes dynamically like in the built-in Thai layout.

Is there a way to not specify the Command layer? If I leave the keys in the Command layer blank, would I get what I'm looking for?

PS. I think the "Colemak" layer when you create a new layout is AZERTY and not Colemak.