Disable Mac Shift Key

Fabio Vaz

Jan 14, 2022, 9:06:58 AM1/14/22
to Ukelele Users
My left shift key is pressed all the time. Is it possible to disable it?

Gé van Gasteren

Jan 14, 2022, 4:29:14 PM1/14/22
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fabio,

The Shift key is a modifier, which means keyboard layouts have no influence on its behavior.
Which, in turn, means that Ukelele can’t help you here.

You need to install a little utility that is actively listening to your keystrokes in the background and changes them as per your settings.
E.g. Karabiner Elements can do this.
You can also get that from the developer’s website, of course: