Ukelele 3.5.11

John Brownie

Feb 19, 2024, 8:13:54 AMFeb 19
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
I have updated Ukelele again. I have hopefully fixed all issues with dialogs that can be made too small to be usable, but there may be some weird cases where you can still make it unusable. There are a few other changes. This is the full change list:

  • Reworked all dialogs so that they cannot be made too small and non-functional.
  • Creating a keyboard layout from the current keyboard input source is a bit more efficient, using a new capability of Apple’s tool.
  • If the user chose Import Dead Key and then cancelled in the first dialog, Ukelele would be stuck, unable to do anything further. This is fixed.
  • Some old code that is no longer used was removed.

It should be available through Software Update or direct download at https://software.sil.org/ukelele/.

John

Gé van Gasteren

Feb 19, 2024, 8:42:13 AMFeb 19
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
I can report that the update went smoothly; all's looking good!

Recently, I had an issue with this New From Current Input Source command, where a message came up saying the source was damaged, iirc.
But after restarting the Mac, it went normally.
I guess it was just a glitch, but I thought to mention it anyway, in case it rings a bell – or maybe the cause has now been fixed, with the Apple tool update.