Assign special keys (e.g. "Insert")

Martin Shields

Mar 19, 2023, 8:40:27 PM3/19/23
to Ukelele Users
Greetings all!

I have a new keyboard but it is missing the "Ins" (Insert) key. I understand that this is a special key, but I believe it can be accessed via "function + enter". Is it possible to assign this to another key in Ukelele? I use an application via Windows Remote Desktop that requires that I press <ctrl>+Insert some of the time, and I'm trying to work out if I can do that with Ukelele!

Thanks.

John Brownie

Mar 20, 2023, 3:21:43 AM3/20/23
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin (formerly of Sydney?),

On 20 Mar 2023 at 02:40:26, Martin Shields <mashie...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a new keyboard but it is missing the "Ins" (Insert) key. I understand that this is a special key, but I believe it can be accessed via "function + enter". Is it possible to assign this to another key in Ukelele? I use an application via Windows Remote Desktop that requires that I press <ctrl>+Insert some of the time, and I'm trying to work out if I can do that with Ukelele!
This is not something that Ukelele can help with. You would need something that works at a different level. I’ve usually recommended things like Karabiner Elements, but I haven’t checked into such programs for quite a while now, and don’t know which ones would get you what you need.

John