Custom Keyboard at login screen

lioth 4u

Apr 12, 2024, 1:09:08 PMApr 12
to Ukelele Users
Hello,

I think the question has already been asked but I can't find the answer.

Is it possible to add the Custom keyboard to the login screen?

and make it the default osx keyboard for all new users?

thank you in advance for your help

Tom

Apr 12, 2024, 2:24:35 PMApr 12
to Ukelele Users

lioth 4u

Apr 13, 2024, 5:22:01 AMApr 13
to Ukelele Users
thanks.

are you sure it helps ?

i've created a custom keyboard with ukulele (Azerty FR layout on US qwerty macbook)

the layout is working well but i want to make it permanent and the system default (other said when i create a new user, it's this custom layout by default)

is that the same method ?

on osx sonoma

thanks again

lioth 4u

Apr 13, 2024, 5:24:12 AMApr 13
to Ukelele Users
(and obviously available on the login screen)

Tom

Apr 13, 2024, 9:42:52 AMApr 13
to Ukelele Users
I don’t know whether the fix suggested in that other forum will do what you want. If you try it, let us know the results.

Sorin Paliga

Apr 13, 2024, 11:05:23 AMApr 13
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Even if it may work, a custom keylayout may have internal errors which may negatively affect the system. Definitely I discourage all those who intend to force the system accept a custom keylayout as default system keylayout, including for the login psswd. At a given moment, after an update/upgrade, that very keylayout may put a major problem.

lioth 4u

Apr 15, 2024, 2:48:55 PMApr 15
to Ukelele Users
Thanks for your help.

Is it Maybe least possible to add the custom layout available and/or by défaut for all existing and New user?

Sorin Paliga

Apr 15, 2024, 3:06:51 PMApr 15
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Yes, of course, put it at the level
/System/Library/Keyboard Layouts.
It is even best to put it there, some keylayouts behave eratically when placed at the logged-in user level.

lioth 4u

Apr 16, 2024, 6:08:15 AMApr 16
to Ukelele Users
so i need to copy the .keylayout there?

i get operation not permited errors.

what's the correct way to do it?

thanks!

Sorin Paliga

Apr 16, 2024, 7:19:47 AMApr 16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
My apologies: not to System etc. but to /Library/Keyboard Layouts.

Sorin Paliga
Sent from my iPhone

Sorin Paliga

Apr 16, 2024, 11:33:41 AMApr 16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 18.32.39.png

lioth 4u

Apr 16, 2024, 11:47:00 AMApr 16
to Ukelele Users
thanks it works.
too bad it's not possible to have the custom keyboard at the login screen

thanks for you time and help

Sorin Paliga

Apr 16, 2024, 12:19:45 PMApr 16
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
There are some tricks to do that, but I do not encourage this.

Sorin Paliga
Sent from my iPhone