Shift and CapLock

Raivis Muktāns-Dāvidsons

Feb 15, 2024, 11:17:14 PMFeb 15
to Ukelele Users

Hi. As i use dead key for my Capital letters, and turned out it works great, I decided to put numbers and symbols under the shift key.

That's because for Capitals usually need only one capital at time. That's why I got the dead key for them. And if I need more than one, I got CapsLock for that.

For numbers and symbols usually need several following characters, that's why the shift key is great.

The only problem for this is that Ukulele (strangely) doesn't let me do that for layout from the current input source.

 But for new empty layout Ukulele let me make two different layouts for CapLock and Shift.

In other words-the CapsLoc automatically copy the layout which I made under the shift only.

What's even more strange. For the current input source the CapsLoc copy only half of the shift layout. Example half of the numbers stays as a numbers and other half as a Capitals.