My keyboard isn't showing up in the organiser when I click "install".

snan

Feb 11, 2021, 9:18:01 PM2/11/21
to Ukelele Users
image.pngImages attatched. When I click install, my keyboard is nowhere to be found in the organiser. Reset my computer and didn't fix the problem, no clue if this is something I'm doing wrong or just an issue with the software.

Gé van Gasteren

Feb 11, 2021, 11:20:09 PM2/11/21
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 3:18 AM snan <samc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Images attatched. When I click install, my keyboard is nowhere to be found in the organiser. Reset my computer and didn't fix the problem, no clue if this is something I'm doing wrong or just an issue with the software.

Hi Snan,

The left column in the Organiser shows keyboard layouts in only one particular folder.
To make your keyboard layout show up, you have to click on "Set Folder…" and navigate to the folder containing your file.

Thanks for the images! Quote from the PDF manual:
"You can choose to install for the current user, or for all users on your computer (which … is not recommended for macOS 10.13 or later)."

Note to John:
How easy/complicated would it be to make Ukelele collect all the XML keyboard layouts on the Mac and have them show up in the left column, with the most recently changed ones at the top of the list? (To be more precise: all layouts except the ones installed!)
I guess the tricky thing would be to get the dragging to work when the files are not in one folder but all over the place, and especially how to uninstall one by dragging it: it’s not clear where it should go.

snan

Feb 11, 2021, 11:39:47 PM2/11/21
to Ukelele Users
Oh, I feel quite silly for not seeing that. Thank you so much!