British - PC

Raivis Muktāns-Dāvidsons

Mar 10, 2021, 2:08:12 PM3/10/21
to Ukelele Users
Hello. Did someone has British - PC keyboard layout file. NOT THE British layout.
The British - PC layout comes in my Big Sur 11.2.2 and I'm not able to get it on Ukelele.
Because on my Mac mini m1 not working -- new from current input source.

The British - PC layout  would be perfect for me as  I need remap just few letters.
Thanks.

Sorin Paliga

Mar 10, 2021, 2:29:17 PM3/10/21
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
UKELELE works OK on M1 macs, and may safely opening British PC. Can you explain why it does not work there?

Raivis Muktāns-Dāvidsons

Mar 10, 2021, 2:55:26 PM3/10/21
to Ukelele Users
When I click the        new from current input source          then opens empty layout.
except that, everything else works perfectly.
Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 19.32.46.png

Sorin Paliga

Mar 10, 2021, 3:17:05 PM3/10/21
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Hm…
So, British PC is active on the upper right corner, you select ’New from current input source’, and you get there? I guess you simply select ’New keyboard’, you must select as said. You must get to the point as attached (Staroslavjanski chosen as example).
If the problems persists, perhaps it is better to delete current UKELELE version, and install a fresh one. Is it the last, universal binary version, currently running?

On 10 Mar 2021, at 21:55, Raivis Muktāns-Dāvidsons <rmdr...@gmail.com> wrote:

<Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 19.32.46.png>

Raivis Muktāns-Dāvidsons

Mar 10, 2021, 3:47:04 PM3/10/21
to Ukelele Users
No matter which one is active on the upper right corner - when I select ’New from current input source’     always opens empty  layout. I m NOT select ’New keyboard layout' or 'new keyboard layout collection'
Also not works 'capture current input source'

Any way. I already did reinstall Ukelele and I got 3 5 1 version. Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 19.32.46.png

Sorin Paliga

Mar 10, 2021, 3:50:05 PM3/10/21
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea why you have this problems, but anyway, here is the keylayout
British pc.keylayout

Raivis Muktāns-Dāvidsons

Mar 10, 2021, 3:55:40 PM3/10/21
to Ukelele Users

Thomas already send me one. But anyway thanks you too. I m save this for my needs.
Thanks

Sorin Paliga

Mar 10, 2021, 4:13:46 PM3/10/21
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
You must solve your issue, though. There is also an M1 mac mini here too, and all is OK with UKELELE. Run the uninstaller of UKELELE, there is one in the folder, and then reinstall it again. Or use AppCleaner, some small ,residual files of an older version may be the problem.

Patrick Chew

Mar 10, 2021, 6:06:30 PM3/10/21
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com, rmdr...@gmail.com
So odd...
I just tested whether or not I could get a "Based on current input" with "British PC" as base (active at time of creation), and I got the following:

Item-0_and_Item-0_and_Item-0_and_Item-0.png

Raivis Muktāns-Dāvidsons

Mar 10, 2021, 6:14:54 PM3/10/21
to Patrick Chew, ukelel...@googlegroups.com

Maybe I thinking 🤔
I m new on the mac os. I m migrated from windows just week ago.
Is it possible that new mac machine as a default not showing some hidden files to installed programs????????

John Brownie

Mar 11, 2021, 2:08:40 AM3/11/21
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
I suspect that the problem is with the tool that creates an XML keyboard
layout from the compiled version that is in use. I have now obtained a
version that is a universal binary, so I will soon put out a new version
with that, which would solve this problem, assuming that I have
diagnosed it correctly.

John
--
John Brownie
Kouvola, Finland

Raivis Muktāns-Dāvidsons

Mar 11, 2021, 5:17:28 AM3/11/21
to Ukelele Users
Thanks you guys for immersion in my problem. Any way at the moment I have the file now, and my problem is kind of solved now. Thanks.

Gé van Gasteren

Mar 11, 2021, 7:02:44 AM3/11/21
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raivis,

Yes, your problem has been solved, but what about ours? ;)

To give you some background:
There have been some problems with the "New From Current Input Source" command for a long time.

And John, who is the developer of Ukelele, couldn’t fix it, because for this command, Ukelele has to rely on a tool from Apple that converts their built-in keyboard layouts into XML.

So it’s very good news that that tool has been updated now!