john vogel

Dec 19, 2022, 4:47:14 PM12/19/22
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
I do not know if my problem was “caused” by Ukelele or just happened “near” Ukelele. I am a retired physicist who still researches and publishes. However, I had a  stroke (thus a paralyzed left hand) and I have ataxia which makes my right hand and fingers inaccurate. I was glad to find Ukelele so I could make keyboards that were easier for me to use.

I have an older Mac Mini on OS 10.6.8 to run legacy math software and got Ukelele 2.7  that I use to create math keyboards that do not use shift or other modifiers. I also have another Mini running 10.14.2 on which I use Karabiner.

The problem is on the old Mini: I made a math keyboard list, placed it the system keyboardlist Library and restarted the computer. At that point the computer no longer responded to keyboard key presses on any keyboard including U.S. and U.S. Extended. The System Profiler saw the correct keyboard connected to the USB chain (both a Keychron K14 or the Apple Magic keyboard), but neither keyboard could enter key presses. I searched the Web for any mention of such a thing, but found nothing, until I found this group. I hope that an international group of keyboard enthusiasts can help me.

Thank you,
-John