Re: [ukelele-users] Korean Input

Sorin Paliga

Jun 2, 2021, 4:04:33 AM6/2/21
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Hello

John may be more useful here, but have you tried to assign Korean to the language set? This may instruct the keylayout to behave correctly.

On 2 Jun 2021, at 10:52, zgw3kszo <1camero...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm trying to setup a custom Korean keyboard layout in Ukulele because I normally use the German ISO layout and the Korean layout is much closer to the American ANSI layout with punctuation, etc.

After setting this up in Ukulele with the appropriate keys assigned to their respective Hangul letters, all of the punctuation worked, but the Korean input did not. Normally, when typing Korean, you type one letter at a time and each entry is combined with the previous into a syllable block. E.g. Tying ㅇ, thenㅏ, then ㄴ, will yield ㅇ, then 아, then 안. However Ukulele does not perform this function correctly and rather inputs each Hangul letter as if it were a Latin one. E.g. Tying ㅇ, thenㅏ, then ㄴ yields 'ㅇㅏㄴ' instead of '안' as it should.

Does Ukulele not support Hangul input? Or is there a way to fix this? If so that would be super useful! I've included a video of the typing process of Korean as well. The first example is standard Korean input and the second is how Ukulele handles it.

Thanks,

zgw3kszo

<Standard vs Ukulele.mp4>