Error: Could not open the file as it was not valid XML

L S

Feb 18, 2024, 11:57:04 PMFeb 18
to Ukelele Users
Hi,

so I made a keyboard bundle 2 years ago with 3 languages, I had my Mac repaired so all data was lost, for some reason I can not install keyboard layout I made before, I use .bundle files and I get error  upon opening :Could not open the file as it was not valid XML.

Is there some walk around too load that keyboard layout to ukulele or just install it?

John Brownie

Feb 19, 2024, 2:02:49 AMFeb 19
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for your data loss! You can install the keyboard layout directly by putting it into the folder /Library/Keyboard Layouts (that is, a folder called Keyboard Layouts inside a folder called Library at the top level of your startup disk). Logging out and logging in again is recommended procedure after installing a keyboard layout.

Could you send the keyboard layout bundle? It would be good to know what is invalid in the XML, and if something can be done to prevent the problem.

John

Lukasz Sutor

Feb 19, 2024, 4:30:08 PMFeb 19
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Hello, adding bundle to /Library/Keyboard Layouts did not solve the problem. Keyboard layout is in this folder but still layout is not installed.
It would be fantastic if below bundle could be fixed.

best regards;

Med venlig hilsen

Łukasz Sutor

Lukasz Sutor

Feb 19, 2024, 4:32:19 PMFeb 19
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com

Gé van Gasteren

Feb 19, 2024, 6:19:14 PMFeb 19
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, Łukasz, the downloaded bundle is empty.

Could you try compressing the bundle in the Finder (right-click, choose the command shown in the picture) ?
image.png
Then you can attach it to an email or a message in this group.

Lukasz Sutor

Feb 20, 2024, 4:36:39 AMFeb 20
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Hello, attached zipped file.

FO_mix.bundle.zip

John Brownie

Feb 20, 2024, 7:28:06 AMFeb 20
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
For some reason, the XML file has two extensions, and is called FO_mix.keylayout.xml, which seems to be the problem. Removing the .xml fixes it. The attached zip file works for me.

John
FO_mix.bundle 2.zip

Lukasz Sutor

Feb 20, 2024, 5:12:44 PMFeb 20
to ukelel...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much! It did fix the problem.

Best Regards,
Lukasz Sutor