Training course in consensus decision making next week!

Talk Action

May 11, 2012, 9:49:29 AM5/11/12
to UK Carbon Footprint Discussion Group
Hi everyone,

We're taking bookings for our Consensus Decision Making course next
week... read on for details.

A course that gives you the skills and techniques to make decisions
that reflect the views of a whole community, not just the usual
suspects.

Making decisions is an essential part of any organistion: for
charities, companies, and community groups, involving staff,
stakeholders and members is key to the organisation's success. Whether
working with 5 or 1500 people you need to be able to harness the
knowledge and imagination of everyone to make quality decision that
stick.

This course will help you to take decisions in a way that is
constructive and collaborative, that reflect the values and knowledge
of everyone, and which build a greater sense of ownership of the final
outcomes.

This training day will give you a theoretical framework for thinking
about consensus decision-making (CDM) and the practical skills you
need to put it into practice. You will be presented with two
contrasting approaches to CDM, so that you can decide which aspects of
each one fit your needs and resources.

The day combines presentations, experiential workshops, group
discussions and real life case studies.

Email an...@talkaction.org to book your place.