UKB for GermaNet

Chen Wu

May 9, 2016, 8:34:10 AM5/9/16
to ukblist
Hello,
I am trying to use UKB for GermaNet, GermaNet is like a WordNet for Germany, and most  dict files are XML files. The form is like:
<synset id="s0" category="adj" class="Allgemein"><lexUnit id="l0" sense="1" source="core" namedEntity="no" artificial="yes" styleMarking="no"><orthForm>klassenübergreifend</orthForm></lexUnit></synset>

Now I have also the same problem as Czech WordNet, I can not convert it. Can anyone please help me about it?

Best

Chen Wu

Aitor Soroa

May 9, 2016, 10:04:15 AM5/9/16
to Chen Wu, ukblist
Hi Chen,

> Now I have also the same problem as Czech WordNet, I can not convert
> it. Can anyone please help me about it?

please find attached the perl script used for converting the Czech
WordNet to UKB format. Maybe you can adapt it to your specific needs?

I could try to do the conversion myself, but unfortunately I don't have
the required Germanet XML files. Besides, I am quite busy these days and
it would take some time until I manage to do it.

best,
aitor
czwordnet2ukb.pl

Chen Wu

May 9, 2016, 11:14:14 AM5/9/16
to ukblist, wind6...@gmail.com
Hello Aitor,

Thank you for the responses. I have try to use the perl file for Czech WordNet, but in GermaNet there are XML files like adj.Allgemein.xml, adj.Bewegung.xml...and some dtd files. I have no idea how to do it. Can you please give me some help? I can send GermaNet files with  Email. GermaNet is my best choise.

I can maybe try to use the wikipedia in Germany. I am now trying with the ukbWikiExtractor.

Best

Chen Wu

Yaron Flameloads

Sep 26, 2016, 4:24:35 AM9/26/16
to ukblist, wind6...@gmail.com
Hello Chen,

Did you manage to solve this issue with the GermaNet files?
I also want to use the GermaNet files in UKB and would appreciate if you could please send me the generated files if possible

Many thanks
Yaron