Need only the word sense

Anis Zaman

Jan 10, 2013, 2:28:44 PM1/10/13
to ukb...@googlegroups.com
Hi:
I am trying to figure out given a sentence or a paragraph, can I use this tool to get the word sense for every word? Which file should I run in order to do it?

Aitor Soroa

Jan 11, 2013, 3:00:46 AM1/11/13
to ukb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anis,
yes you can. Please take a look to the src/README file, it should
explain the basic steps for running ukb. If you have more questions,
don't hesitate to ask.

best,
aitor

Anis Zaman

Jan 15, 2013, 10:47:15 PM1/15/13
to ukb...@googlegroups.com
Dear Aitor:
Thank you for your input. I managed to dig in and find some informations. It seems like ukb_wsd.cc is the main file and the signature to run that is:

"ukb_wsd -D dict.txt -K kb.bin --ppr input.txt"

I understand that the input.txt is the input (for me that will be say, a sentence), but I don't understand where am I going to get the dict.txt (i believe this is the knowledge file) and kb.bin file?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Anis

Anis Zaman
Bard College

Aitor Soroa

Jan 16, 2013, 5:02:13 AM1/16/13
to ukb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anis,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:47:15PM -0500, Anis Zaman wrote:
> Dear Aitor:
> Thank you for your input. I managed to dig in and find some informations.
> It seems like ukb_wsd.cc is the main file and the signature to run that is:
>
> "ukb_wsd -D dict.txt -K kb.bin --ppr input.txt"
>
> I understand that the input.txt is the input (for me that will be say, a
> sentence), but I don't understand where am I going to get the dict.txt (i
> believe this is the knowledge file) and kb.bin file?

All this information (dictionary, knowledge base, etc) is described in
the src/README file. Please take a look at it, and if you have more
concrete questions ask freely.

best,
aitor

Anis Zaman

Jan 18, 2013, 3:04:59 PM1/18/13
to ukb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am having problem configuring the tool. If I cannot configure, I can't make and do make install.

I used macPorts to install boost. According to the README when I do the following:

./configure --with-boost-include=/usr/include/boost --with-boost-lib=/lib64 --enable-static

and I get the following:

checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for /usr/include/boost/boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp... yes
checking for /usr/include/boost/boost/tokenizer.hpp... yes
checking for /usr/include/boost/boost/lexical_cast.hpp... yes
checking for /usr/include/boost/boost/filesystem/path.hpp... yes
checking for main in -lboost_program_options... no
libboost_program_options not found. Please add BOOST library directory to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or specify a suitable BOOST library directory: --with-boost-lib=DIR

So I thought it is not getting the lib files for boost. Hence I checked where does the lib files for the boost exist by doing this:
locate libboost_program_options
/lib64/libboost_program_options-mt.a
/lib64/libboost_program_options-mt.dylib

And this prompted me to set the flag--with-boost-lib=/lib64 in the ./configure command.

I am really stuck at this, any help would be really appreciated.

Sincerely,

Anis

best,
                                aitor

Aitor Soroa

Jan 22, 2013, 2:37:12 AM1/22/13
to ukb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anis,

please send the output of the following command:

% ls /lib64/libboost*

so I can send you a configure.in file with the proper library names for
your system.

best,
aitor
> *libboost_program_options not found. Please add BOOST library directory to
> your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or specify a suitable BOOST library directory:
> --with-boost-lib=DIR*
>
> So I thought it is not getting the lib files for boost. Hence I checked
> where does the lib files for the boost exist by doing this:
> *locate libboost_program_options*
> */lib64/libboost_program_options-mt.a*
> */lib64/libboost_program_options-mt.dylib*
> *
> *
ondo izan
aitor

Anis Zaman

Jan 22, 2013, 2:51:13 AM1/22/13
to ukb...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your help. here is the output as an attachment
result.txt

Aitor Soroa

Jan 22, 2013, 4:26:05 AM1/22/13
to ukb...@googlegroups.com
Please save the attached Makefile file in Main/src directory, and then
do just

% make

it should create the binary files in the current directory.

best,
aitor

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 02:51:13AM -0500, Anis Zaman wrote:
> Thank you for your help. here is the output as an attachment

Makefile