BAA loses appeal against ruling it must sell Stansted

Joe Curry

Feb 1, 2012, 5:55:12 AM2/1/12
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk

BAA argued that it was not reasonable to consider Stansted as serving
the same market as its other airport serving London, Heathrow. As a
result, BAA said it was not anti-competitive for it to operate both
airports, but the competition authority did not agree.

Full Story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16831480

radar

Feb 1, 2012, 7:30:56 AM2/1/12
Can we just discuss Scottish airports please?

Joe Curry

Feb 1, 2012, 8:05:44 AM2/1/12
In article <73af65ee-6653-43ac...@m2g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>, fisher2606
@hotmail.co.uk says...

> Can we just discuss Scottish airports please?

All airports here except GLA-promotion...

Read the guidelines.

Mizter T

Feb 1, 2012, 10:20:09 AM2/1/12
The appeal was largely a delaying tactic on BAA's part, was it not, in the
hope that they'd get a better price 'in the future'? Now that 'the future'
seems to have arrived (leaving aside any further legal challenges on BAA's
part), will they end up getting a better price than they would have when the
CC first directed them to sell up Stansted?

BriggyD

Feb 1, 2012, 11:55:07 AM2/1/12
On Feb 1, 12:30 pm, radar <fisher2...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Can we just discuss Scottish airports please?

No! You chose otherwise and are now curiously afflicted by the
'howling like a stuck pig' syndrome, a very common affliction within
your western reggie-collecting allies.

Joe Curry

Feb 1, 2012, 12:57:49 PM2/1/12
In article <0bf63322-4974-4d59...@eb6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
brigadier...@gmail.com says...

> > Can we just discuss Scottish airports please?

> No! You chose otherwise and are now curiously afflicted by the
> 'howling like a stuck pig' syndrome, a very common affliction within
> your western reggie-collecting allies.

Best of it is there GLA dedicated alt.airports.uk.glasgow is empty apart
from some retaliatory EDI promo threads.

Roland Perry

Feb 2, 2012, 12:58:29 PM2/2/12
In message <jgbl7b$v4l$1...@dont-email.me>, at 15:20:09 on Wed, 1 Feb 2012,
Mizter T <mizt...@gmail.com> remarked:
>The appeal was largely a delaying tactic on BAA's part, was it not, in
>the hope that they'd get a better price 'in the future'? Now that 'the
>future' seems to have arrived (leaving aside any further legal
>challenges on BAA's part), will they end up getting a better price than
>they would have when the CC first directed them to sell up Stansted?

Probably not, the economy's on a long term "bust" at the moment, which
maybe Gordon Brown didn't mean to imply when he predicted the "end of
boom and bust" as being the long term end of boom.
--
Roland Perry