Shifting the seats aside to make space for freight

1 view

Michael Bell

Dec 14, 2011, 7:36:07 AM12/14/11
I hear that some aircraft shift the seats aside to make space for
freight. Is this so? I would be very interested to know more. (I can't
very well google the subject of this post) Does it work well? I
imagine that the biggest time-taker is getting the ground vehicles
into place.

Michael Bell

Graeme Wall

Dec 14, 2011, 12:05:46 PM12/14/11
On 14/12/2011 12:36, Michael Bell wrote:
> I hear that some aircraft shift the seats aside to make space for
> freight. Is this so?

They actually remove the seats from the aircraft. I don't know how may
companies still do it now there are dedicated freight companies with
their own aircraft. Still happens a lot in places like Africa and South
America.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at <www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail>