PAP2T setup

Woody

Nov 29, 2021, 1:31:57 PM11/29/21
In the dial plan of my PAP2T there is an exclamation mark at the end of
some digits. I believe this to indicate that the number shown is barred
outgoing.

For example 09x.! should mean that any number of any length that I dial
starting 09 should be barred. Similarly 118xxx! should block calls to DQ.

Can anyone tell me please how the PAP2T reacts to this command, e.g.
does it go NU, does it play a predefined tone sequence, or does it speak
to me?

I have tried 09x.!, 09xx!, and 0906! (no commas of course) and then
dialled 0906 and all I get is silence.

Roger Mills

Nov 30, 2021, 11:38:46 AM11/30/21
You're right that an exclamation mark at the end causes the call to be
blocked, but I've searched in vain to try to find what the stupid thing
actually does in this case. My PAP2T is 100 miles away, so I can't
experiment on it myself at the moment.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Bob Eager

Dec 1, 2021, 4:51:05 AM12/1/21
I have (temporarily) put the documentation here. Page 61 has all the
stuff there is about dialplans.

http://www.bobeager.uk/ata.pdf

Woody

Dec 1, 2021, 6:57:49 AM12/1/21
Thanks Bob, I had already found that info both on the Cisco site and
other sites that have copied it.

What I need to know is what happens when you dial a number barred in the
dial plan (i.e. succeeded by a pling !) Does it just sit there and do
nothing as seems to be my case, or do you get a tone of some sort such
as NU or engaged or a spoken message? They never tell you that bit!

Bob Eager

Dec 1, 2021, 10:51:45 AM12/1/21
I would expect it just to sit there. The PAP2T is a pretty simple device.

In my case, everything feeds into an Asterisk box, and that does the
barring. You get a message with me telling the caller to f**k off!

Woody

Dec 1, 2021, 11:13:18 AM12/1/21
I'll go along with that. I <think> when listening hard to the silence I
have heard a short burst of 3-4 tones at very low level but so low that
I cannot be certain if I heard it or it is just my brain objecting!

Woody

Dec 4, 2021, 2:45:33 PM12/4/21
The Factory Reset resolved the problem - heaven knows why!

Roger Mills

Dec 4, 2021, 3:08:40 PM12/4/21
So now what does it do when you dial a number which matches an item in
your dial plan with an exclamation mark at the end?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Woody

Dec 4, 2021, 3:20:43 PM12/4/21
Sorry Roger, forget my mail. I was thinking about problems I have been
having with our Hummy PVR which would not tune but does now after the
factory reset.

I haven't done any more on the PAP2T due to domestic pressures. However
we are forecast some bad weather this coming week during the day so that
may give me more opportunity.