VoIP DECT base station with PoE and answerphone

Andy Hawkins

Jan 22, 2024, 11:34:56 AMJan 22
Hi all,

Currently have a Gigaset N300A IP, which generally works well, but has a
tendency to fail to register the VoIP account and not automatically
re-register them.

Consdiering replacing it with something similar, ideally this time with PoE. We only have 3 handsets, but support for multiple VoIP lines is preferred, and an answerphone a definite requirement.

Anyone suggest anything similar?

Thanks

Andy

notya...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2024, 5:54:04 PMJan 22
Yes next one up - Gigaset PRO N510IP DECT Base Station - four channels, six "lines", six handsets, PoE (i have done it), but no analogue port.

If you want more get Yealink, but don't know about the PoE.

Andy Hawkins

Jan 23, 2024, 4:04:19 AMJan 23
On Monday 22 January 2024 at 22:54:04 UTC, notya...@gmail.com wrote:
> Yes next one up - Gigaset PRO N510IP DECT Base Station - four channels, six "lines", six handsets, PoE (i have done it), but no analogue port.
>
> If you want more get Yealink, but don't know about the PoE.

That doesn't seem to have an answerphone does it?

Thanks

Andy

notya...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2024, 2:36:35 PMJan 23
Oops just read it as N300.

Move to Voipfone then - free voicemail, sends you an email with the message in it.

Andy Hawkins

Jan 24, 2024, 5:10:57 AMJan 24
On Tuesday 23 January 2024 at 19:36:35 UTC, notya...@gmail.com wrote:
> Oops just read it as N300.
>
> Move to Voipfone then - free voicemail, sends you an email with the message in it.

My incoming number costs me something like £1.50 a month. Looking at Voipfone, looks like I'd have to get one of their call packages to get a number included. I currently pay about £1.75 a month to someone else for a virtually unlimited calls package, so Voipfone would add a fair bit to that I think.

Andy

notya...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2024, 6:16:15 AMJan 25
On Wednesday 24 January 2024 at 10:10:57 UTC, Andy Hawkins wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 January 2024 at 19:36:35 UTC, notya...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Oops just read it as N300.
> >
> > Move to Voipfone then - free voicemail, sends you an email with the message in it.
> My incoming number costs me something like £1.50 a month. Looking at Voipfone, looks like I'd have to get one of their call packages to get a number included.

Nope, although you do need a credit balance (can last years). Ported in or new [virtual] geographic number costs £3+VAT per month. Port in costs £20.