Recommendations for a good two port ATA ?

Dave

Dec 24, 2019, 11:52:33 AM12/24/19

Hello, I'm looking for a two port ATA can anyone Recommend a good two port ATA ?

I've looked at the Cisco SPA112 so far. This is for FreePBX system BTW.

Dave.

Woody

Dec 24, 2019, 12:07:27 PM12/24/19
Look on eBay for PAP2T, formerly Linksys who were taken over by Cisco -
it is probably the 112 or 122 in different clothing! Some on there at
well less than 20 notes. Very easy to set up - plenty of on-line config
info. If you are or are likely to be a Sipgate user there is a complete
config with the member support area of their web site.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Andrew Benham

Dec 24, 2019, 12:47:17 PM12/24/19
On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 16:52:30 +0000, Dave wrote:

> Hello, I'm looking for a two port ATA can anyone Recommend a good two port ATA ?
>
> I've looked at the Cisco SPA112 so far. This is for FreePBX system BTW.

I'm really happy with my Grandstream HT801. This only has one port, their HT802
is almost identical but has two ports.

Dave

Dec 24, 2019, 12:54:25 PM12/24/19
Thanks Woody,I have a look out on fleabay. I'm replacing my old Draytek 2600VG with Pfsense with a Cisco SG200 8 port Switch and a
Ubiquiti UAP AC Pro. Hence I need to replace the two fxs ports on the Draytek. Which both ports have started to ring randomly -
waking me and the wife up !. The Draytek's last firmware update was in 2006 - (It's not been hacked).

Dave.

Woody

Dec 24, 2019, 1:46:30 PM12/24/19
Yes, I had one of those and used it for probably a decade on Sipgate,
then suddenly it started keeping loosing network connection. I replaced
it with a PAP2T that I happened to have spare about two years ago and it
has been happy ever since.
I liked the Grandstream product as it was relatively simple to program,
but as I say it died of its own accord!

Woody

Dec 24, 2019, 1:52:31 PM12/24/19
If you ever find out what caused that random ringing please let me know
(email below is valid.)
My late f-in-l had an occasion a few years ago when his DECT phone
didn't clear down so the phone was engaged for almost a day - and as he
was in his late 80's it got us a bit worried!
As he had reasonable and reliable BT B/B I bought a Panasonic SIP desk
phone, set up a Sipgate account for him (no credit so he could just ring
us or our daughter who also had a Sipgate line), programmed the phone
and off we went.
After a year or so he told me he had turned it off as it kept ringing
and there was no-one there, and unfortunately mostly during the night. I
never did find out what was causing it, but I have the phone here and as
I have a line with credit from Sipgate I fancy having it sitting on the
end of my desk.

MissRiaElaine

Dec 24, 2019, 7:49:34 PM12/24/19
On 24/12/2019 17:07, Woody wrote:
I can agree with this, although be aware the power supplies that come
with these have a habit of failing, I ended up powering mine from a
Samsung USB supply that came with a phone I no longer use.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Dave

Dec 25, 2019, 8:18:38 AM12/25/19
The random ringing is a issue with the Draytek2600VG. It logs the call but coming from itself ringing both FXS at the same time.
I already have an SPA3102 which works is working fine apart from it's PSU died a while ago. I would like to replace all my PSU's
with one larger 5V one rather than 3 5 volt ones. I have 3 raspberry pi's running all sorts FreePBX, Node-red, Grafana, emoncms.

I use Localphone for calls cheap and reliable.

Graham.

Dec 25, 2019, 8:00:22 PM12/25/19

>Hello, I'm looking for a two port ATA can anyone Recommend a good two port ATA ?
>
>I've looked at the Cisco SPA112 so far. This is for FreePBX system BTW.
>
>Dave.

I have a PAP-2 and an SPA-3000 giving me 3xFXS and 1xFXO. I'm also
using RASPBX.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%