Betamax rate comparisons

Malcolm Loades

Sep 29, 2019, 11:37:12 AM9/29/19
None of the comparison sites I've tried seem to be correct/up to date.
The rate looks good on the comparison site but go to the individual
Betamax site and the rates are very different.

Probably the country I have the greatest problem with is Zimbabwe. I'm
finding it difficult to get it more than penny or two below my landline
supplier's rate (Zen) and many Betamax companies are more!

Can anyone recommend a reliable Betamax comparison site?

Malcolm

Soruk

Oct 20, 2020, 9:12:03 AM10/20/20
Yes, I know this is an ancient post.

www.voip-comparison.com seems to be up to date, and hotvoip.com seems to
be a reasonable option for Zimbabwe (EUR 0.064+VAT for landlines, and
betwee EUR 0.205 and 0.201 +VAT for mobiles). Comparing to Zen who
charge 15.32p/min to landlines and 79.26p/min to mobiles and VoIP lines.

Matrix Dial: International Calls - http://www.matrixdial.co.uk/

Malcolm Loades

Oct 20, 2020, 10:24:08 AM10/20/20
On 20/10/2020 14:02, Soruk wrote:
> On 2019-09-29, Malcolm Loades <dev...@loades.net> wrote:
>> None of the comparison sites I've tried seem to be correct/up to date.
>> The rate looks good on the comparison site but go to the individual
>> Betamax site and the rates are very different.
>>
>> Probably the country I have the greatest problem with is Zimbabwe. I'm
>> finding it difficult to get it more than penny or two below my landline
>> supplier's rate (Zen) and many Betamax companies are more!
>>
>> Can anyone recommend a reliable Betamax comparison site?
>>
>> Malcolm
>
> Yes, I know this is an ancient post.
>
> www.voip-comparison.com seems to be up to date, and hotvoip.com seems to
> be a reasonable option for Zimbabwe (EUR 0.064+VAT for landlines, and
> betwee EUR 0.205 and 0.201 +VAT for mobiles). Comparing to Zen who
> charge 15.32p/min to landlines and 79.26p/min to mobiles and VoIP lines.

www.voip-comparison.com is the one I'm currently using.

You're right hotvoip is by far the lowest cost Betamax offering for
Zimbabwe. Problem is it just doesn't connect to any Zim number (been
like that for over a year now), always get an unobtainable tone.

The cheapest reliable Betamax offerings are those in the €0.16 range.
The Zen rate is certainly good and virtually the same as the working
Betamax offerings. However the Betamax mobile rate is better, if you
can call anything like €0.30ish, better.

If anyone knows a lower cost working method of calling landlines in
Zimbabwe, please let me know.

Malcolm

Soruk

Oct 27, 2020, 9:52:04 AM10/27/20
On 2020-10-20, Malcolm Loades <dev...@loades.net> wrote:
> On 20/10/2020 14:02, Soruk wrote:
>> On 2019-09-29, Malcolm Loades <dev...@loades.net> wrote:
>>> None of the comparison sites I've tried seem to be correct/up to date.
>>> The rate looks good on the comparison site but go to the individual
>>> Betamax site and the rates are very different.
>>>
>>> Probably the country I have the greatest problem with is Zimbabwe. I'm
>>> finding it difficult to get it more than penny or two below my landline
>>> supplier's rate (Zen) and many Betamax companies are more!
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a reliable Betamax comparison site?
>>>
>>> Malcolm
>>
>> Yes, I know this is an ancient post.
>>
>> www.voip-comparison.com seems to be up to date, and hotvoip.com seems to
>> be a reasonable option for Zimbabwe (EUR 0.064+VAT for landlines, and
>> betwee EUR 0.205 and 0.201 +VAT for mobiles). Comparing to Zen who
>> charge 15.32p/min to landlines and 79.26p/min to mobiles and VoIP lines.
>>
> www.voip-comparison.com is the one I'm currently using.
>
> You're right hotvoip is by far the lowest cost Betamax offering for
> Zimbabwe. Problem is it just doesn't connect to any Zim number (been
> like that for over a year now), always get an unobtainable tone.
>
> The cheapest reliable Betamax offerings are those in the ???0.16 range.
> The Zen rate is certainly good and virtually the same as the working
> Betamax offerings. However the Betamax mobile rate is better, if you
> can call anything like ???0.30ish, better.
>
> If anyone knows a lower cost working method of calling landlines in
> Zimbabwe, please let me know.

giffgaff mobile is 10p/min to landlines, 37p/min to mobiles.
If you don't already have a SIM, you can get one free with £5 free
credit on activation from http://is.gd/freesim (my referral link).

Malcolm Loades

Oct 28, 2020, 5:55:46 PM10/28/20
On 27/10/2020 13:43, Soruk wrote:

> giffgaff mobile is 10p/min to landlines, 37p/min to mobiles.
> If you don't already have a SIM, you can get one free with £5 free
> credit on activation from http://is.gd/freesim (my referral link).

Excellent! Thank you. I'd never looked at giffgaff rates.

I have a dual SIM mobile with a giffgaff SIM already in the second slot.
SIM 1 is 1pmobile which suits my low call/test/data usage and the
giffgaff SIM 2 is for data goodybags when I need to have mobile data eg
when abroad within the EU and tether my laptop (how much longer this may
be possible is another question!).

I also found a useful Android app, Dual Sim Selector / Multi Sim
Selector, which automatically routes calls to Zim landlines via SIM 2
and all other calls via SIM 1. Very handy.

Malcolm