Forwarding calls from Gradwell to A&A using a SIP URI

Andy in Ireland

Jan 26, 2020, 12:40:56 PM1/26/20
Possibly a thick question.

I'm trying to set up a Gradwell (or Onecom now I suppose) extension as an alias to an 'External SIP/IAX2 URI' and forward calls to an A&A number by entering sip:+44XXX...@voiceless.aa.net.uk in the 'Destination box' on the Onecom 'Aliases' page.

After the normal 20 minute wait for the Gradwell system to update itself it's not working.

Should it work, or have I got the wrong end of the stick - or just done something wrong?

Thanks

Andy

MissRiaElaine

Jan 26, 2020, 6:53:24 PM1/26/20
It's been a while since I've done this, but that should work. Does A&A
accept incoming links like this..? I know Sipgate don't...

Try entering just the 7 digit SIP ID rather than the full geo number.

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Graham.

Jan 27, 2020, 8:06:46 AM1/27/20
Are you sure the URI format is correct, sometimes the colon needs to
be replaced with a forward slash (Asterisk).

Try forwarding to these test URIs

SIP:9...@mouselike.org
SIP:22334...@rentpbx.mundy.org

Andrew Benham

Jan 28, 2020, 5:44:31 PM1/28/20
See https://support.aa.net.uk/VoIP_-_Calling_With_a_SIP_URI

Essentially the domain to use is aa.org.uk, and it requires the caller to
lookup SRV records.

Andy in Ireland

Feb 16, 2020, 4:52:09 AM2/16/20
Spot on that, thanks.