on hold

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Nov 2, 2021, 5:33:56 AM11/2/21
I wonder why companies insist in playing small snippets of music, usually
non music, on their on hold feeds when its clear their telephone lines are
about the worst quality voip you could imagine making it painful to listen
to?
One might think a bit of useful info might be the way to go or maybe just a
ringing sound with the occasional, you are connected and you are number xx
in the queue? Some do of course, but most do not you just get your call is
important to us, if you wish you can see our web site help section on, and
then the terrible music again. grr.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Brian Gaff

Mar 10, 2022, 3:57:14 AMMar 10
Actually, I don't mind too much if you really are number x in the queue, but
this should be only said when the number changes not every 30 seconds.
Surely, software wise that should be simple to do?

The big disappointment is when finally you are answered by a muffled foreign
voice in a noisy room who has no clue as to what you are actually calling
about even though you have been transferred there from another extension in
the same company.
Bah humbug.