O2 wireless router with voip ports....

1 view

Herman

Jan 22, 2008, 6:02:10 PM1/22/08
Anyone know anything about the wireless ADSL router that O2 send out on
their broadband package. It is a rebadged Thomson, but I'm just trying to
find out if I can (or would want to) make use of its voip capability. It
has 2 phone ports on the back plus POTS.

Can't find any info on the Thomson website. I also haven't tried to access
the router yet so don't know whether the firmware locks off voip.

Any info gratefully received.

alexd

Jan 23, 2008, 9:14:21 AM1/23/08

The Be version doesn't lock down the VoIP, although I've never managed to
get it working in my setup [SIP proxy on LAN not WAN, BeBox bridged not
routed].

> Any info gratefully received.

Is it a Speedtouch 780WL? That's what I have from Be. There's lots of
info on it in the Be forums, but unfortunately you probably won't be able
to see any of it. This forum has quite a bit of info in it too:

http://www.beforum.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?f=5

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEs...@ale.cx)
14:08:15 up 18 days, 4:33, 2 users, load average: 1.04, 1.08, 1.13

Message has been deleted

alexd

Jan 23, 2008, 2:14:06 PM1/23/08
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:48:13 +0000, rick wrote:

> BE no longer supply the speedtouch with VOIP ports

> O2 do supply the 780 but ports are locked down

If the config is missing from the web interface, you could probably get
the VoIP back by putting the Be firmware on it :-)

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEs...@ale.cx)

19:13:00 up 18 days, 9:38, 2 users, load average: 1.06, 1.12, 1.09

Message has been deleted

alexd

Jan 23, 2008, 4:50:42 PM1/23/08
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:12:03 +0000, rick wrote:

> Having given both of them ago and found them both lacking concerning
> speed issues , on the recommendation of a guy I know personally I have
> migrated to IDnet . Been with them a week now and so far I just cannot
> fault them although not ADSL 2 I am more than happy with the 7.5 Mb I am
> getting constantly from them .

You've said that twice now and I still don't know what it's got to do
with the topic.

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEs...@ale.cx)

21:49:56 up 18 days, 12:15, 2 users, load average: 1.24, 1.36, 1.31

Herman

Jan 25, 2008, 4:33:23 PM1/25/08
"alexd" <trof...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

In case it is of any use, I have managed to get VoIP working with the O2
branded speedtouch 780.

You basically need to log on as:
user: SuperUser
password: O2Br0ad64nd

Obviously there is some config in this that is not designed for end users
(be careful!), but I have now got the box registered to voip.co.uk.

I will eventually try calls, but there is a spot of rewiring I need to do
before I do that.

So no need to update firmware ;-)

with thanks to http://www.dontbethere.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?f=12&m=17416