Practical Electronics - Telephone Exchange

Owain Lastname

Aug 24, 2022, 3:20:55 PM8/24/22
If someone can x-post to uk.telecom which is blocked on Google Groups due to spamming, please?

Practical Electronics should be publishing design for a mini telephone exchange for using old phones as intercoms in the next - October? - issue

Owain

Andy Burns

Aug 24, 2022, 3:43:22 PM8/24/22

Julian Macassey

Aug 26, 2022, 8:54:10 AM8/26/22
["Followup-To:" header set to uk.telecom.] On Wed, 24 Aug 2022
20:42:55 +0100, Andy Burns <use...@andyburns.uk> wrote:
> Owain Lastname wrote:
>
>> If someone can x-post to uk.telecom which is blocked on
>> Google Groups due to spamming, please?

Don't use goggle groups, goggle hijacked usenet, use a
usenet provider

Google motto: "Don't be evil" Now ammended "Don't be evil,
that's our job".

--
"The only interesting thing about religion is how many people
it's slaughtered." - Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead

Giblet

Aug 26, 2022, 4:01:22 PM8/26/22
Julian Macassey wrote:

> ["Followup-To:" header set to uk.telecom.] On Wed, 24 Aug 2022
> 20:42:55 +0100, Andy Burns <use...@andyburns.uk> wrote:
> > Owain Lastname wrote:
> >
> >> If someone can x-post to uk.telecom which is blocked on
> >> Google Groups due to spamming, please?
> >
> Don't use goggle groups, goggle hijacked usenet, use a
> usenet provider
>
> Google motto: "Don't be evil" Now ammended "Don't be evil,
> that's our job".

tele.com is for sale.
500000.00 USD
The milkybars are on you, Julian.
https://web.archive.org/web/20210920221858/https://tele.c
om/

Owain Lastname

Sep 23, 2022, 3:13:42 PM9/23/22
On Wednesday, 24 August 2022 at 20:20:55 UTC+1, Owain Lastname wrote:
> If someone can x-post to uk.telecom which is blocked on Google Groups due to spamming, please?
> Practical Electronics should be publishing design for a mini telephone exchange for using old phones as intercoms in the next - October? - issue

This is now in WHSmith.

It's a two-line ringdown circuit, not a dial intercom. Although very nice, with selectable UK / AUS / other ring cadence, various options for transmission bridge etc, it's rather complicated for anyone just wantting to run a couple of phones, and there are no options for dialling or more than two phones.

Just so you all know.

Thanks, and yes I do know about google groups shortcomings, but I don't want to locally cache newsgroups here.

Owain