DORO Messages: Suddenly Font Is Too Large

SB

Feb 6, 2017, 10:23:26 AM2/6/17
I have a Doro 8030. All of the font sizes were and still are set to 'Normal.' This has been the case since the initial purchase last year. However In the last few days there has been an automated update from Doro. This has installed a Doro keyboard - which I didn't want. But the other change is that even though all of the font sizes are still set to 'Normal,' the font size on any received SMS Messages is so large that now I can't read the text. I have taken the Doro to a number of O2 shops but they all say that the text is obviously set to Extra Large and cannot be changed even though all the config. settings still say 'Normal.' But the phone was OK a few days ago. Please what can I do? Thank you - Stephen

Woody

Feb 6, 2017, 11:35:54 AM2/6/17

"SB" <s_bye...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
First off, turn the phone off, and if you can remove the battery for
30 seconds, then refit and switch on again.

If that doesn't cure it this may sound daft but try changing the text
size to something else - either smaller or bigger - then go back to
normal setting.

Other than that try contacting Doro support for advice.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Tim+

Feb 6, 2017, 1:14:08 PM2/6/17
If that fails you could try a reset.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1077733/Doro-8030.html?page=39

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

CJB

Feb 11, 2017, 2:03:44 PM2/11/17
Here's the solution ...

How to resize the font of incoming SMS texts:

View / Messages / I want to...

Open Settings / SMS / Text zoom level

Slider left to 0

linda...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2017, 6:14:50 PM8/29/17
Brilliant thanks

mariaanna.s...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2017, 11:39:09 AM11/26/17
Thanks so much, it worked!

jats...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2018, 10:01:21 AM3/4/18
Worked a treat. Thanks

by...@btinternet.com

Dec 10, 2019, 2:51:16 PM12/10/19
Thank you so much, this worked a treat!

rpm...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2020, 5:49:42 PM6/21/20
When I am writing a text on my doro 7060 I am struggling to see the letters I am writing, is there anyway of making them larger

Chris Green

Jun 22, 2020, 4:48:04 AM6/22/20
rpm...@gmail.com wrote:
> When I am writing a text on my doro 7060 I am struggling to see the letters
> I am writing, is there anyway of making them larger

Yes, do it on something other than a 'phone! :-)

Sorry, I couldn't resist, I just wonder at people (especially old
decrepit ones like me) trying to type messages on such tiny little
devices.

I use my SIP Discount account to send SMS from the command line on my
laptop, you can also do it from your web browser if you prefer a GUI.
Either way it's a zillion times easier than typing on a 'phone. In
the car it's no more trouble to pick up my laptop than a 'phone, on
the 'bike the same applies really, I have to stop and unglove etc. to
do anything anyway so using the laptop is no burden.

--
Chris Green
·

Andy Burns

Jun 22, 2020, 8:49:17 AM6/22/20
Chris Green wrote:

> I just wonder at people (especially old
> decrepit ones like me) trying to type messages on such tiny little
> devices.

I remember Mum's Doro phone as having reasonable font selections, depeds
on the owners eyes of course ...

Chris Green

Jun 22, 2020, 10:33:06 AM6/22/20
Yes, but even then you have the issue of either an on screen keyboard
or using a numeric keypad both of which are far from pleasant IMHO.

--
Chris Green
·

Andy Burns

Jun 22, 2020, 1:05:41 PM6/22/20
Chris Green wrote:

> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> I remember Mum's Doro phone as having reasonable font selections, depeds
>> on the owners eyes of course ...
>
> Yes, but even then you have the issue of either an on screen keyboard
> or using a numeric keypad both of which are far from pleasant IMHO.

Hers was non-touchscreen, she preferred T9 input

Hannah Beaumont

Mar 21, 2022, 7:46:35 AM3/21/22
( :

Woody

Mar 21, 2022, 8:22:47 AM3/21/22
On Mon 21/03/2022 11:46, Hannah Beaumont wrote:
> ( :

It's selectable in the setup menu.