Pegasus

Scott

Jul 19, 2021, 11:42:24 AM7/19/21
Following this morning's media reports, I am wondering if there is a
way of checking whether Pegasus has been installed on my phone.

Living in Scotland, I once suggested that devolved government should
be suspended during times of national emergency. Obviously I will now
be on NIcola's target list.

From what I have seen today, it is very difficult to detect, let alone
uninstall successfully. There are suggestions it comes via WhatsApp
so without WhatsApp am I safe? I am of course reluctant to Google for
software in case what I find is a scam.

MB

Jul 19, 2021, 12:29:03 PM7/19/21
On 19/07/2021 16:42, Scott wrote:
> Following this morning's media reports, I am wondering if there is a
> way of checking whether Pegasus has been installed on my phone.

What have you got to hide?

Scott

Jul 19, 2021, 12:33:11 PM7/19/21
Really just my contacts and my location so no-one can work out when I
am on holiday to break into my flat.. It's more for good practice.

MB

Jul 19, 2021, 12:37:28 PM7/19/21
On 19/07/2021 17:33, Scott wrote:
> Really just my contacts and my location so no-one can work out when I
> am on holiday to break into my flat.. It's more for good practice.

I think the people who can afford millions of pounds for the software
are not ones likely to want to break into your flat.

Scott

Jul 19, 2021, 1:52:18 PM7/19/21
I think that has to be right but if there is a method of checking that
does not involve any serious money I might as well investigate.

Scott

Jul 19, 2021, 1:54:16 PM7/19/21
On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 17:38:04 +0100, MB <M...@nospam.net> wrote:

I think that has to be right but if there is a way of finding out
without spending any serious money I might as well do so.

Chris

Jul 19, 2021, 5:46:53 PM7/19/21
You don't know what he has in his flat ;)

David Wade

Jul 20, 2021, 3:58:04 AM7/20/21
On 19/07/2021 17:33, Scott wrote:
If you turn your phone on when you are on Holiday you can be located by
some one with enough money. This may require bribes, but it can be done.

Dave

Scott

Jul 20, 2021, 4:12:59 AM7/20/21
On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 21:46:51 -0000 (UTC), Chris <ithi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Neither do I :-)

Scott

Jul 20, 2021, 4:16:20 AM7/20/21
On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 08:58:02 +0100, David Wade <g4...@dave.invalid>
wrote:
I'm beginning to regret asking the question. I only wondered if there
is a piece of software that can be used to check the phone for this
particular spyware.

Chris

Jul 20, 2021, 4:23:49 AM7/20/21

Chris

Jul 20, 2021, 4:23:49 AM7/20/21
Maybe ask "them" for a list?

Scott

Jul 20, 2021, 4:29:54 AM7/20/21
On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 08:23:47 -0000 (UTC), Chris <ithi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Scott <newsg...@gefion.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Jul 2021 21:46:51 -0000 (UTC), Chris <ithi...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> You don't know what he has in his flat ;)
>>
>> Neither do I :-)
>
>Maybe ask "them" for a list?

I'd probably pay 'them' for a list :-)

Scott

Jul 20, 2021, 4:34:38 AM7/20/21
On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 08:23:47 -0000 (UTC), Chris <ithi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Thanks very much. I'll look into this. It could be a learning
experience :-)

tim...

Jul 20, 2021, 5:42:58 AM7/20/21

"Chris" <ithi...@gmail.com> wrote in message
In that case he should be asking this question of his "controller"