Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

SMS query

12 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Scott

da leggere,
15 mar 2022, 16:13:5615/03/22
I sent a text to a friend this morning and got notification that the
message had not been sent. I tried the options and it said that she
was offline for chat. There was no option to resend as SMS, as there
is with my brother.

Why would a person being offline (for WiFi calling I assume) block an
SMS?

Andy Burns

da leggere,
15 mar 2022, 16:28:1415/03/22
Scott wrote:

> I sent a text to a friend this morning and got notification that the
> message had not been sent. I tried the options and it said that she
> was offline for chat.

Are you talking about an actual GSM SMS, or something like
iMessage/RCS/WhatsApp/Signal/Telegram/etc?

Scott

da leggere,
15 mar 2022, 16:47:0515/03/22
On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 20:28:10 +0000, Andy Burns <use...@andyburns.uk>
wrote:
Standard text message on a Pixel phone, to a mobile number.

Andy Burns

da leggere,
15 mar 2022, 16:59:5115/03/22
Scott wrote:

> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> Are you talking about an actual GSM SMS, or something like
>> iMessage/RCS/WhatsApp/Signal/Telegram/etc?
>
> Standard text message on a Pixel phone, to a mobile number.

Within Messages, [...], Settings, Chat Features, is use WiFi/data for messaging
enabled?

Chris Schram

da leggere,
15 mar 2022, 23:03:2315/03/22
I've had a similar problem twice where the APN was set to one that doesn't
do SMS messaging. They told me to change the APN when I called for support.

Someone Somewhere

da leggere,
16 mar 2022, 03:55:4516/03/22
Either the error message was wrong, or you have some settings wrong, or
perhaps both.

SMS in all cases goes via the network provided post office ("SMSC").

So either you were trying to send some form of chat message, or the
phone couldn't contact the SMSC (and the message displayed was wrong).

Mark Carver

da leggere,
16 mar 2022, 04:15:2716/03/22
Very likely Scott's phone has switched that particular SMS conversation
into Google's chat option (or similar). It happened to me a few months
ago. It had me totally confused, and I'm still confused, the setting to
restore to proper SMS (at least on my phone) is buried deep inside the menus

Scott

da leggere,
16 mar 2022, 07:57:1816/03/22
On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 20:59:48 +0000, Andy Burns <use...@andyburns.uk>
wrote:
Yes, but so is 'Automatically resend as a text (SMS/MMS) - Switch from
chat if a message can't be sent'. Also, when the same happens with my
brother, you tap for options and one of the options is 'Send as
SMS/MMS' but this was not on offer here.

Scott

da leggere,
16 mar 2022, 08:00:4016/03/22
This is entirely possible. I think she sent me the first message. A
test shows 'Chatting with xxxx'. But as I said in my other posting, I
thought it defaulted to SMS if chat was not available or at the very
least offered that option. .

Mark Carver

da leggere,
16 mar 2022, 08:14:1416/03/22
I'm not sure it does. I can't remember my incident details, but I faffed
around for ages until the penny dropped.
At least iphones are far better in this respect, green background for
SMS, blue background for i-message and automatic default back to SMS if
i-message fails

Richmond

da leggere,
16 mar 2022, 11:05:3516/03/22
You might be able to press and hold the send button to get more
options. I have a phone with two sim cards and so sent it via the other
sim sms. But I cannot remember what options came up.

Chris Schram

da leggere,
16 mar 2022, 17:39:3716/03/22
On 2022-03-16, Richmond <rich...@criptext.com> wrote:
> You might be able to press and hold the send button to get more
> options. I have a phone with two sim cards and so sent it via the other
> sim sms. But I cannot remember what options came up.

I always thought sms/mms messages are queued up at the carrier's server.
Otherwise you wouldn't get a pile of them whenever your phone is turned on
after it has been turned off for a while.

Someone Somewhere

da leggere,
17 mar 2022, 03:45:1617/03/22
As I said - for true SMS everything goes via the network post office
(the "SMSC"), which then works out how and when to deliver it to the
recipient (and obviously does retries etc if the recipient phone is off).

Chris Schram

da leggere,
17 mar 2022, 07:05:4217/03/22
On 2022-03-17, Someone Somewhere <nnt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As I said - for true SMS everything goes via the network post office
> (the "SMSC"), which then works out how and when to deliver it to the
> recipient (and obviously does retries etc if the recipient phone is off).

Sorry. I missed that smsc information.
I was assuming that was the root of the op's problem.
0 nuovi messaggi