Where is my NHS account

Ken Blake

Feb 20, 2022, 12:17:45 AMFeb 20
I used to have an NHS account.

But now it's gone.

Where would I find it?

Chris

Feb 20, 2022, 6:20:58 AMFeb 20
That's extraordinarily vague. Under the sofa?

Java Jive

Feb 20, 2022, 7:05:47 AMFeb 20
There's been a whole raft of similar posts all with this same pattern to
different ngs. Most probably, one of the following is true ...

:-) Ken has been smoking too much pot

:-( Ken is suffering from dementia

:-( Someone posing as Ken is trying to be disruptive, perhaps with the
purpose of getting him plonked.

I suspect the latter.

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk

Frank Slootweg

Feb 20, 2022, 8:41:12 AMFeb 20
Java Jive <ja...@evij.com.invalid> wrote:
> On 20/02/2022 11:20, Chris wrote:
> >
> > Ken Blake <K...@invalidinvalid.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I used to have an NHS account.
> >>
> >> But now it's gone.
> >>
> >> Where would I find it?
> >
> > That's extraordinarily vague. Under the sofa?
>
> There's been a whole raft of similar posts all with this same pattern to
> different ngs. Most probably, one of the following is true ...
>
> :-) Ken has been smoking too much pot
>
> :-( Ken is suffering from dementia
>
> :-( Someone posing as Ken is trying to be disruptive, perhaps with the
> purpose of getting him plonked.
>
> I suspect the latter.

Yup. The real Ken Blake's (non-) e-mail 'address' is different and
there are other differences.

I fell for another one where I thought he was just having some fun.

Java Jive

Feb 20, 2022, 9:27:57 AMFeb 20
Yes, replying now to an additional ng that I overlooked before, where a
similar post has generated traffic ...

Chris

Feb 20, 2022, 10:21:49 AMFeb 20
Java Jive <ja...@evij.com.invalid> wrote:
> On 20/02/2022 11:20, Chris wrote:
>>
>> Ken Blake <K...@invalidinvalid.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I used to have an NHS account.
>>>
>>> But now it's gone.
>>>
>>> Where would I find it?
>>
>> That's extraordinarily vague. Under the sofa?
>
> There's been a whole raft of similar posts all with this same pattern to
> different ngs. Most probably, one of the following is true ...
>
> :-) Ken has been smoking too much pot
>
> :-( Ken is suffering from dementia
>
> :-( Someone posing as Ken is trying to be disruptive, perhaps with the
> purpose of getting him plonked.
>
> I suspect the latter.

Agree. This is first one I saw.

Ken Blake

Feb 20, 2022, 2:23:27 PMFeb 20
On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 14:27:54 +0000, Java Jive wrote:

> Yes, replying now to an additional ng

Trolls can't take my own name away from me.
Into the plonkbin you go.

pe...@never.here

Feb 21, 2022, 5:33:18 AMFeb 21
On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 11:20:55 -0000 (UTC), Chris <ithi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Sadly Ken has been hacked? and similar questions posted in multiple
groups.
--
Pete

Brian Gregory

Feb 27, 2022, 6:36:11 PMFeb 27
On 20/02/2022 12:05, Java Jive wrote:
> On 20/02/2022 11:20, Chris wrote:
>>
>> Ken Blake <K...@invalidinvalid.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I used to have an NHS account.
>>>
>>> But now it's gone.
>>>
>>> Where would I find it?
>>
>> That's extraordinarily vague. Under the sofa?
>
> There's been a whole raft of similar posts all with this same pattern to
> different ngs.  Most probably, one of the following is true ...
>
>  :-) Ken has been smoking too much pot
>
>  :-( Ken is suffering from dementia
>
>  :-( Someone posing as Ken is trying to be disruptive, perhaps with the
> purpose of getting him plonked.
>
> I suspect the latter.

Yes, if you look at the message headers it's 100% obvious how to spot
the fakes.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

mechanic

May 9, 2022, 12:18:32 PMMay 9
On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 12:05:43 +0000
Java Jive <ja...@evij.com.invalid> wrote:

> There's been a whole raft of similar posts all with this same pattern
> to different ngs. Most probably, one of the following is true ...
>
> :-) Ken has been smoking too much pot
>
> :-( Ken is suffering from dementia
>
> :-( Someone posing as Ken is trying to be disruptive, perhaps with
> the purpose of getting him plonked.
>
> I suspect the latter.

Don't overlook the obvious though!