zen email via 3 mobile

grinch

Oct 14, 2021, 1:11:06 PM10/14/21
Can anyone send email to the zen email server while on the 3 mobile
network ? I used to be able to but now I cant.

Zen uses ports 587 and 995 via TLS/ssl
--
Output certified Microsoft free Checked with Opensuse 15.3

Scott

Oct 14, 2021, 1:26:28 PM10/14/21
On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 18:11:04 +0100, grinch <gri...@somewhere.com>
wrote:

>Can anyone send email to the zen email server while on the 3 mobile
>network ? I used to be able to but now I cant.
>
>Zen uses ports 587 and 995 via TLS/ssl

I don't know the specific answer, but I am a Zen customer and had
various difficulties yesterday (Wednesday) reaching the Zen email
server. Maybe you should ask if there is a problem.

grinch

Oct 14, 2021, 1:57:30 PM10/14/21
The Zen part is working just fine ,the problem is 3 blocking ports IMHO.

Mark Carver

Oct 14, 2021, 1:59:13 PM10/14/21
Didn't Three have a UK wide outrage today ?

grinch

Oct 14, 2021, 2:06:24 PM10/14/21
Yes but most things seem to be working I will leave it for a few days
to see if things improve.

I have already proved it is not a routing issue I can ping
mailhost.zen.co.uk from my phone on my zen network and the 3 network.

Martin Nicholas

Oct 15, 2021, 10:09:58 AM10/15/21
On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 18:11:04 +0100
grinch <gri...@somewhere.com> wrote:

> Can anyone send email to the zen email server while on the 3 mobile
> network ? I used to be able to but now I cant.
>
> Zen uses ports 587 and 995 via TLS/ssl

Just used 3 to connect to 587 on my mailserver - no problem at all; so
it's not a global block of 587 by three.

--
Regards,

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail: reply-...@mgn.org.uk (Address will be valid throughout
October).

A Usenet posting via: https://www.eternal-september.org/. If you find
their service useful, please make a donation.

grinch

Oct 15, 2021, 4:08:40 PM10/15/21
On 15/10/2021 15:09, Martin Nicholas wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 18:11:04 +0100
> grinch <gri...@somewhere.com> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone send email to the zen email server while on the 3 mobile
>> network ? I used to be able to but now I cant.
>>
>> Zen uses ports 587 and 995 via TLS/ssl
>
> Just used 3 to connect to 587 on my mailserver - no problem at all; so
> it's not a global block of 587 by three.

If I assume that your mailserver is not on the three network that is a
great help thankyou. It gives me a new avenue of enquiry ,are Zen
blocking 3 for some reason ?

grinch

Oct 15, 2021, 5:17:01 PM10/15/21
On 14/10/2021 18:11, grinch wrote:
> Can anyone  send email to the zen email server while on the 3 mobile
> network ? I used to be able to but now I cant.
>
> Zen uses ports 587 and 995 via TLS/ssl

After further testing with my laptop tethered to my phone I can telnet
to mailhost.zen.co.uk via the three network.

I use K9 mail on android 11 . I can send and receive email on the Zen
network but only receive email on the three network.

I tried Gmail on the same android phone and that can send and receive
on both the Zen and the thee network,so I presume the error lies with
K9mail somewhere

I will raise a bug ticket to them.