SMS originator scam

Chris J Dixon

Apr 2, 2022, 5:07:57 AM4/2/22
I had a new variation on the "Your Internet has been compromised"
scam call recently.

The caller claiming to be from BT (who do not currently provide
me with any services) sent me a passcode by text, the originator
showing as "-BT-"

Checking online, I see that hyphens are not permitted in UK SMS
identifications, another clue to malice afoot.

My conversation with the scammer did not get as far as what he
wanted me to do with the passcode before he hung up on me.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
ch...@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1