What is number of SMS from "NHS-NoReply"?

Pamela

Oct 18, 2021, 8:44:04 AM10/18/21
How do I find the phone number used to send an SMS which presents itself
from "NHS-NoReply"?

I want to put the sender's number in my contacts list but it's not
visible.

This is on Android.

MB

Oct 18, 2021, 10:00:08 AM10/18/21
On 18/10/2021 13:43, Pamela wrote:
> How do I find the phone number used to send an SMS which presents itself
> from "NHS-NoReply"?

I don't think I have ever had a text from them but voice calls, whoever
from, display the NHS 0800 number I have that stored in my proper telephone.

Andy Burns

Oct 18, 2021, 10:25:38 AM10/18/21
Pamela wrote:

> How do I find the phone number used to send an SMS which presents itself
> from "NHS-NoReply"?

I'm not convinced there is a number.

Mark Carver

Oct 18, 2021, 10:58:58 AM10/18/21
As by definition you can't reply, and the SMS comes labelled as 'NHS No
Reply', what's the issue ?

David Woolley

Oct 18, 2021, 11:24:41 AM10/18/21
On 18/10/2021 13:43, Pamela wrote:
> How do I find the phone number used to send an SMS which presents itself
> from "NHS-NoReply"?
>
> I want to put the sender's number in my contacts list but it's not
> visible.

SMS messages with alphanumeric sender names aren't injected through the
telephone system, but rather directly through an SMS centre, so there is
no underlying phone number.

Pamela

Oct 25, 2021, 11:34:30 AM10/25/21

David Woolley

Oct 25, 2021, 11:58:16 AM10/25/21
On 25/10/2021 16:34, Pamela wrote:
> I want to put the sender's number in my contacts list but it's not
> visible.

We're telling you that there isn't a sender's number. At no point in
the origination of that message was a sender phone number involved.

David Higton

Oct 25, 2021, 5:05:30 PM10/25/21
In message <XnsADCEA89...@144.76.35.252>
I just looked at various SMS that I have received from "NHS Booking",
"NHSvaccine", "WELL" (Well Pharmacy), Amazon and Screwfix. All of them
have "Sender doesn't support replies" at the bottom of the screen, and
all of them have a sender's name at the top of the screen.

This makes me question what you would get, that you don't already have,
by adding them to your contacts? Do you not see the same information
as I do about the sender?

David

Theo

Oct 26, 2021, 4:42:58 AM10/26/21
David Higton <da...@davehigton.me.uk> wrote:
> This makes me question what you would get, that you don't already have,
> by adding them to your contacts? Do you not see the same information
> as I do about the sender?

Main thing I can think of is the various call screening options. Perhaps
you want 'NHS' to make a special ringtone, or to direct Amazon texts to be
silent. Normally you can do that by making a contact with the number and
assigning a special sound to that (or a contact group containing that
contact). But you can't do that if you can't make a contact out of them.

Theo