Cancelling EE data monthly rolling contract

已查看 20 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

David

未读,
2024年1月29日 15:09:451月29日
收件人
I'm doing a review of my various mobile phone contracts:

Tablet
Dual SIM mobile
Partner's mobile

My second SIM in the dual SIM phone is an EE data only contract i.e.
doesn't make/receive phone calls.
Even to 150.
EE web site for my account says to phone 150 to cancel account.
Can you say "Catch 22" children?

There is a phone number which comes up (although well hidden) to call from
other networks.

However I assume that EE won't take on line cancellations because they
want to give you the hard sell in parson over the phone.

Will cancel tomorrow via another network.

Gah!

Dave R

P.S. see other post about Plusnet.

--
AMD FX-6300 in GA-990X-Gaming SLI-CF running Windows 10 x64

Mark Carver

未读,
2024年1月30日 03:39:201月30日
收件人
On 29/01/2024 20:09, David wrote:
> I'm doing a review of my various mobile phone contracts:
>
> Tablet
> Dual SIM mobile
> Partner's mobile
>
> My second SIM in the dual SIM phone is an EE data only contract i.e.
> doesn't make/receive phone calls.
> Even to 150.
> EE web site for my account says to phone 150 to cancel account.

Does it send SMS messages ?

If so you could use the PAC or STAC methods to kill the account ?

David

未读,
2024年1月30日 08:29:231月30日
收件人
Tell me more! :-)

Yes, it does do SMS.

Thanks

Dave R

David Sankey

未读,
2024年1月30日 08:38:411月30日
收件人
On 30/01/2024 13:29, David wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 08:39:08 +0000, Mark Carver wrote:
>
>> On 29/01/2024 20:09, David wrote:
>>> I'm doing a review of my various mobile phone contracts:
>>>
>>> Tablet Dual SIM mobile Partner's mobile
>>>
>>> My second SIM in the dual SIM phone is an EE data only contract i.e.
>>> doesn't make/receive phone calls.
>>> Even to 150.
>>> EE web site for my account says to phone 150 to cancel account.
>>
>> Does it send SMS messages ?
>>
>> If so you could use the PAC or STAC methods to kill the account ?
>
> Tell me more! :-)
>
> Yes, it does do SMS.

<https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switching/switching-mobile-phone-provider>

Mark Carver

未读,
2024年1月30日 08:51:241月30日
收件人
Get a 'supermarket' SIM card for 99p or whatever, and use a PAC or STAC
code from EE (by sending an SMS from the SIM) to transfer the service to
that 99p SIM.

That's a sure-fire way of making sure your EE SIM account is closed
properly.

Then chuck the supermarket SIM away...........

David

未读,
2024年1月30日 12:17:561月30日
收件人
On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 20:09:40 +0000, David wrote:

> I'm doing a review of my various mobile phone contracts:
>
> Tablet Dual SIM mobile Partner's mobile
>
> My second SIM in the dual SIM phone is an EE data only contract i.e.
> doesn't make/receive phone calls.
> Even to 150.
> EE web site for my account says to phone 150 to cancel account.
> Can you say "Catch 22" children?
>
> There is a phone number which comes up (although well hidden) to call
> from other networks.
>
> However I assume that EE won't take on line cancellations because they
> want to give you the hard sell in parson over the phone.
>
> Will cancel tomorrow via another network.

Not sure how I did it but managed to cancel the account, confirmed by text.
Must have found a web link.
Major confusion because I was trying to do two things at one. :-(

Anyway, it seems to be sorted, thankfully.

The help was appreciated.

Cheers

Dave R

Theo

未读,
2024年1月30日 15:37:121月30日
收件人
Mark Carver <ma...@invalid.com> wrote:
> Get a 'supermarket' SIM card for 99p or whatever, and use a PAC or STAC
> code from EE (by sending an SMS from the SIM) to transfer the service to
> that 99p SIM.
>
> That's a sure-fire way of making sure your EE SIM account is closed
> properly.
>
> Then chuck the supermarket SIM away...........

I think you typically have to make a minimum £10 topup on such SIMs to
activate them? They may not let you transfer in a number until activated?

Do any allow you to transfer a number in before being topped up?

Another option would be a 30 day SIM-only contract with an initial offer on
it. eg I think Lebara and Lyca were offering 49p for the first three
months. Sign up for the contract, port out the number, then cancel the
contract before the 3 months is out.

Theo

Mark Carver

未读,
2024年1月31日 10:11:521月31日
收件人
On 30/01/2024 20:37, Theo wrote:
> Mark Carver <ma...@invalid.com> wrote:
>> Get a 'supermarket' SIM card for 99p or whatever, and use a PAC or STAC
>> code from EE (by sending an SMS from the SIM) to transfer the service to
>> that 99p SIM.
>>
>> That's a sure-fire way of making sure your EE SIM account is closed
>> properly.
>>
>> Then chuck the supermarket SIM away...........
>
> I think you typically have to make a minimum £10 topup on such SIMs to
> activate them? They may not let you transfer in a number until activated?
>
> Do any allow you to transfer a number in before being topped up?

A few years ago a friend of mine ported to Tesco Mobile for 48 hours, it
was the only way he could transfer his Vodafone number from his previous
employer, to his new one !

I think he only 'invested' a quid or two . It was 5 or 6 years ago though.

0 个新帖子