Sluggish smartphone

Pamela

Mar 1, 2022, 2:54:27 PM3/1/22
My smartphone is feeling a bit overloaded these days.

Do browser bookmarks (Firefox and Chrome) on the home screen use any
resources? I can't see them using any processing power but do they put
demands on virtual memory?

I use the standard launcher.

Woody

Mar 1, 2022, 4:52:12 PM3/1/22
Have a look in the settings menu for a clean-up app. It is likely you
have a lot of temp files and cookies from browsing that need clearing out.

notya...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2022, 6:17:44 AM3/2/22
Indeed if it is Android then there are tools (e.g. optimize) under "device care" in settings.

If it is crApple then they [allegedly] slug the phone's performance as it gets older. This is sub judicae in the USA: -
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/business-and-practice/apple-class-want-310-million-iphone-performance-deal-upheld

Roger Mills

Mar 2, 2022, 9:29:12 AM3/2/22
There'll be lot of inactive apps hogging memory and other resources.

Try installing and running KillApps, and then just open the apps you
actually need. It may well fly then.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Ken Blake

Mar 2, 2022, 2:08:45 PM3/2/22
On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 14:29:09 +0000, Roger Mills wrote:

> There'll be lot of inactive apps hogging memory and other resources.
>
> Try installing and running KillApps, and then just open the apps you
> actually need. It may well fly then.

I would check the memory before assuming it's lack of memory.

Andy Burns

Mar 2, 2022, 2:53:28 PM3/2/22
Roger Mills wrote:

> There'll be lot of inactive apps hogging memory and other resources.
>
> Try installing and running KillApps, and then just open the apps you actually
> need. It may well fly then.

Inactive android apps don't stay resident, they save state and quit, then can
resume where they were where later, so task killers are usually a mistake.

Steve

Mar 2, 2022, 3:34:53 PM3/2/22
The op prolly needs to clear her cache. SD Maid
<https://tinyurl.com/y8426r8v> would make that task easy for her, or
she could Google how to clean the cache for her phone.

BTW, why are you forging Ken Blake?

Ken Blake

Mar 2, 2022, 3:44:10 PM3/2/22
On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 20:34:49 -0000, Steve wrote:

> The op prolly needs to clear her cache. SD Maid
> <https://tinyurl.com/y8426r8v> would make that task easy for her, or
> she could Google how to clean the cache for her phone.

When my smartphone acts up I generally wipe it clean and restore to factory
settings, which is sort of the nuclear option, but it ALWAYS restores the
phone to original conditions.

> BTW, why are you forging Ken Blake?

On what evidence?
It's my name and I am not forging anything.

I could ask you why you make such a baseless lie given nothing is forged.
Not the email. Not the server. Not the usenet reader. Nothing.

If my name were Steve instead of Ken, would you lay legal claim to that too?
What gives you the right to lay claim to all people's names in the world?

Answer me that.

Steve

Mar 2, 2022, 4:08:20 PM3/2/22
Ken Blake wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 20:34:49 -0000, Steve wrote:
>
> > The op prolly needs to clear her cache. SD Maid
> > <https://tinyurl.com/y8426r8v> would make that task easy for her, or
> > she could Google how to clean the cache for her phone.
>
> When my smartphone acts up I generally wipe it clean and restore to factory
> settings, which is sort of the nuclear option, but it ALWAYS restores the
> phone to original conditions.
>
> > BTW, why are you forging Ken Blake?
>
> On what evidence?
> It's my name and I am not forging anything.

No it's not your name, Arlen. Though Arlen prolly isn't your name,
either.

> I could ask you why you make such a baseless lie given nothing is forged.
> Not the email. Not the server. Not the usenet reader. Nothing.

Actually, you are correct, you aren't forging, you are frogging.
It's where you give the false impression of being someone else
without using their email address.

> If my name were Steve instead of Ken, would you lay legal claim to that too?
> What gives you the right to lay claim to all people's names in the world?
>
> Answer me that.

I already have. Now why are you frogging Ken Blake?
And don't say you aren't, because you are. You posted a load of crap
to several newsgroups using Ken Blake's name. What's more you are
also post editing. You replied to me in afn and changed what I wrote
completely in your follow up.

Ken Blake

Mar 2, 2022, 6:32:59 PM3/2/22
On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 21:08:17 -0000, Steve wrote:

> I already have. Now why are you frogging Ken Blake?

You don't own Steve especially with any Steve using a different everything.

It's my name and if I wanted to forge I'd change the email and the
newsreader and all that other IDs so stop lying about what isn't true.

Learn how to use killfiles you jerk.

Steve

Mar 3, 2022, 5:20:43 AM3/3/22
Ken Blake wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Mar 2022 21:08:17 -0000, Steve wrote:
>
> > I already have. Now why are you frogging Ken Blake?
>
> You don't own Steve especially with any Steve using a different everything.
>
> It's my name and if I wanted to forge I'd change the email and the
> newsreader and all that other IDs so stop lying about what isn't true.

Cowardly snip noted.

It's not your name, Arlen, and the reason you frogged Ken Blake is
to get others to "plonkbin" Ken Blake as you put it in
MID: <suvclh$pvp$1...@gioia.aioe.org>
<http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=msgid&MSGI=%3Csuvclh%24pvp%241%
40gioia.aioe.org%3E>

> Learn how to use killfiles you jerk.

I know how to use my killfile. Do you know how to refrain from
nymshifting?