"Non-Geographic numbers (e.g. numbers beginning with 084, 087, 09, 118, 0333)"

Pamela

Nov 15, 2022, 11:18:22 AM11/15/22
Asda Mobile provides the following info about its "bundles".

As far as I know, Asda's bundles include calls to standard rate
non-geographic numbers. However the text below seems misleading and
excluses non-geographic number.

Am I reading it correctly?

=========== START ===========

What calls are not included in my bundle
minutes?

With any mobile network there are numbers you can call which aren't
included in your bundle allowance.

On Asda Mobile these include:

International numbers (e.g. mobiles and landlines outside of the
UK).

Non-Geographic numbers (e.g. numbers beginning with 084, 087, 09,
118, 0333).

Non-standard numbers (e.g. non-mobile numbers beginning with 07).

=========== END ===========

<https://mobile.asda.com/help/bundles-and-pricing/calls-not-included-in-b
undle>

Woody

Nov 15, 2022, 11:46:22 AM11/15/22
Maybe they haven't updated their info? Numbers such as 084, 087, etc may
have been classed as premium rate numbers in the past so one would have
expected them to be blocked, yet BT still include 0845 and 0870 as
included numbers on landline bundles. It is repeatedly advertised that
ANY 03 number is charged at standard rate although not it seems
according to Asda.

I note they do not mention the police non-emergency number 101 which to
most SPs is a single fixed charge of 15p.

I would suggest having a look at the BT and EE charges rates are as all
three run on the EE network.

Scott

Nov 15, 2022, 12:04:18 PM11/15/22
Corrected link:
https://mobile.asda.com/help/bundles-and-pricing/calls-not-included-in-bundle
But this has to be read in the context of:

What's included in my bundle minutes and texts?

The minutes in your bundle can be used to call any UK mobile (on any
network), any UK landline beginning in 01, 02 or 03 and to access your
voicemail. Your texts can be used to message any mobile phone on a UK
network.

https://mobile.asda.com/help/bundles-and-pricing/included-bundle-mins-texts

Pamela

Nov 15, 2022, 1:40:10 PM11/15/22
Yes ... that info on the Asda Mobile web site seems to contradict the
info I quoted (also from their web site).

On the page you give I see: "A breakdown of the costs to call numbers
not included within your bundle allowance can be found here." However
clicking the link marked 'Here' takes me to the following general page
with no useful info. The web site probably needs attention.

https://mobile.asda.com/bundles

Pamela

Nov 15, 2022, 1:42:35 PM11/15/22
I too sometimes still see that charging anomaly using old categories of
number prefix.

> I note they do not mention the police non-emergency number 101 which
> to most SPs is a single fixed charge of 15p.
>
> I would suggest having a look at the BT and EE charges rates are as
> all three run on the EE network.

Thanks for the info. (By the way, Asda Mobile moved from EE to Vodafone
about a year ago.)

Woody

Nov 15, 2022, 2:13:57 PM11/15/22
Oops! Forgot about that. Replace EE with VF and delete BT from the above
and reread it. ;-))

Roger

Nov 15, 2022, 2:49:07 PM11/15/22
On Tue, 15 Nov 2022 18:40:01 GMT, Pamela
<pamela.priv...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On the page you give I see: "A breakdown of the costs to call numbers
>not included within your bundle allowance can be found here." However
>clicking the link marked 'Here' takes me to the following general page
>with no useful info. The web site probably needs attention.
>
>https://mobile.asda.com/bundles

About 2/3rd of the way down it says:

Other service numbers 4p per min access charge + service
charge

This refers to 084, 084, 09, 118. Several years ago it was
decided to split the total charge to call these numbers into two
parts; an access charge set by the caller's provider and a
service charge set according to which service is accessed.

I've no idea why 0333 is mentioned (see Pamela's original post).
As far as I know all 03 numbers should be treated the same as 01
and 02 UK numbers. Although I don't see any additional mention
of them, Channel Islands and Isle of Man numbers are not UK
numbers.

Personal numbers (070) 75p per min

Non-mobile 07 numbers 15p per min

HTH
--
Roger

notya...@gmail.com

Nov 16, 2022, 6:13:21 AM11/16/22
Probably a mistake - 03 series numbers are considered "normal" by OFCOM and should be charged or included at the same rate as 01 / 02.
0800 number 00800 and 999 should also be free.

Richmond

Nov 17, 2022, 6:43:01 PM11/17/22
Pamela <pamela.priv...@gmail.com> writes:

> With any mobile network there are numbers you can call which aren't
> included in your bundle allowance.
>
> On Asda Mobile these include:

'numbers not included ... include'. Hmm.

What about 056 numbers?

notya...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2022, 6:12:43 AM11/18/22
BT and others charge, however if you can find whose they are (code lookup) then you can make free Voip calls to them.