How to definitely identify your CPU architecture (whether armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, or X86_64) for sideloading the correct APKs

Arlen Holder

Dec 22, 2019, 12:50:23 AM12/22/19
How to definitely identify your exact CPU architecture
(whether armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, or X86_64)
for sideloading the correct Android APKs.

Since I don't have Google on my new Moto G7, I was scraping from the Aurora
Store, but that was too slow for some reason (perhaps Google slowing things
down, I don't know).

When I sideloaded, there were different APKs based on the CPU architecture.
<https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/swiftkey/swiftkey-keyboard/swiftkey-keyboard-7-2-3-24-release/>
o lib/armeabi-v7a is the older target, for 32 bit arm cpus
o lib/arm64-v8a is the more recent 64 bit target
o arm64-v8a devices can run code compiled against armeabi-v7a
o some lib/x86 & lib/x86_64 devices can run code compiled for arm devices
etc.

Most likely any new phone is going to be arm64-v8a.

And, all Google Play apps since August 1, 2019 must support 64-bit:
<https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/64-bit>

But to be sure for any given device, this tutorial tells us how to
determine the architecture for any Android phone:
<https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/android-basics-see-what-kind-processor-you-have-arm-arm64-x86-0168051/>

Basically "droidinfo" tells you, for sure, your CPU architecture:
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkwired.droidinfo>

Which reports, for example, for my brand new Moto G7 (among other things):
o CPU Architecture AArch64 Processor, rev 2 (aarch64), *arm64-v8a*

--
Sharing useful information on the public Usenet potluck for all to benefit.

Libor Striz

Dec 22, 2019, 1:22:51 AM12/22/19
Arlen Holder <arlen.geo...@is.invalid> Wrote in message:r
> How to definitely identify your exact CPU architecture (whether armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, or X86_64) for sideloading the correct Android APKs.

My favourite aps for system analyzing
are CPU-Z and AIDA64 ( Android analogues of the same name Windows
utilities.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.finalwire.aida64

AIDA64 on the tab CPU for my Xiaomi MI A2 6/128 GB says:

Instruction set: 64 bit ARMv8-A

Supported ABIs: arm64-v8a, armeavi-v7a, armeabi.

--
Poutnik ( the Wanderer )

Arlen Holder

Dec 22, 2019, 11:33:38 AM12/22/19
On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 07:22:48 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Libor Striz wrote:

> My favourite aps for system analyzing
> are CPU-Z and AIDA64 ( Android analogues of the same name Windows
> utilities.
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.finalwire.aida64
> AIDA64 on the tab CPU for my Xiaomi MI A2 6/128 GB says:
> Instruction set: 64 bit ARMv8-A
> Supported ABIs: arm64-v8a, armeavi-v7a, armeabi.

Hi Poutnik,
THANK YOU for that CPU information, as I had never needed this information,
until now, simply because I'm sideloading more due to Aurora Store being
flaky lately (and Google Play won't work sans the OS pointing to a Google
Account).

Only about 1 in 1,000 Usenet posters, IMHO, add _value_ to any thread.

I also thank you for the Google Play URLs since we all work together on
Usenet, where providing the URLs helps thousands of people potentially, to
be able to do what we routinely do.

On my new $100 Motorola Moto G7...
o CPU-Z reported on its "CPU" tab, "ABI" line, "arm64-v8a".
o Aida64's "CPU" section, "Instruction Set" line, reported "64-bit ARMv8-A"
o Droidinfo's "System" tab, "Instruction Sets" line, reported "arm64-v8a".

Hence I thank you for fleshing out for everyone listening, these utilities:
o <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z>
o <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.finalwire.aida64>
o <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inkwired.droidinfo>

--
Usenet is a wonderful public potluck where adults share useful information.

sakshi singh

Jul 8, 2022, 1:13:42 AMJul 8
A rehabilitation centre is a place where people with physical or mental disabilities can go to improve their condition. The staff at a rehabilitation centre will help the patients regain their strength and mobility. They will also teach them how to cope with their disability. The patients will be given a chance to socialize with other people at the centre. They will also be able to participate in activities that will help them mentally and emotionally.

https://bit.ly/3P81zZz
https://bit.ly/3ypNaBt
https://bit.ly/3IiB3e5
https://bit.ly/3aj7agW