Residents give phone mast the brush off

Tweed

Sep 1, 2022, 12:47:06 PM9/1/22
Have a look at the pictures, the text doesn’t do it justice.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/phone-mast-disguised-tree-scots-27881640

“Hilarious pictures show a phone mast disguised as a tree - which furious
locals said looked like a giant toilet brush.

The 25metre high mast, near Dundas Home Farm, South Queensferry, was
granted planning permission in June last year by council chiefs. But locals
said attempts to hide the phone mast were 'ineffective' as it stands more
than double the height of the trees around it - and looks more like a loo
brush.

Locals joked baubles and tinsel could be put on the tree at Christmas. One
said: "Oh dear it definitely looks nothing like a tree and very much like a
gigantic toilet brush."

Woody

Sep 1, 2022, 1:52:43 PM9/1/22
There's one in what looks to be a 'normal' conifer close to Brodsworth
Hall near Doncaster, visible to the north from the road end of the
drive. It looks quite realistic as a conifer but the catch is that it
has a white microwave link dish on one side that looks like a pimple
needing attention!

notya...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2022, 2:51:33 PM9/1/22
There is one near me. Until it is pointed out you don't notice it, even though it is not very convincing.

Mark Carver

Sep 2, 2022, 3:17:29 AM9/2/22
On 01/09/2022 19:51, notya...@gmail.com wrote:
> ion!
> There is one near me. Until it is pointed out you don't notice it, even though it is not very convincing.
I've seen them in South Africa. The giveaway there is they have red
aircraft warning lights, unlike the same height trees around them; go
figure !

T i m

Sep 2, 2022, 4:15:00 AM9/2/22
;-)