Three sim zero

Andy Burns

May 4, 2022, 2:27:56 PM5/4/22
They're ditching this zero minute per month contract, and turning it into PAYG

notya...@gmail.com

May 5, 2022, 5:01:37 AM5/5/22
On Wednesday, 4 May 2022 at 19:27:56 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
> They're ditching this zero minute per month contract, and turning it into PAYG

Back to bad old habits for Three. Quintupled the PAYG prices (losing me £8 of value in my 321 SIM - thieves) and scrapped EU roaming despite proclaiming [ironically on the side of a bus] that they never would.

Better to find a more trustworthy MNO.

Wilf

May 5, 2022, 9:05:04 AM5/5/22
Apart from O2, I think they are all now charging for EU roaming, aren't
they?

--
Wilf

Chris

May 5, 2022, 12:00:20 PM5/5/22
And I imagine after the summer 02 will join in.

Mark Carver

May 5, 2022, 12:43:07 PM5/5/22
O2 'derivative' Sky Mobile started charging this week. I don't think
Tesco or GiffGaff have yet ?

notya...@gmail.com

May 6, 2022, 11:25:15 AM5/6/22
I think O2 are keeping roaming as a USP, as their parent is Telefonica, the marginal cost to them is around zero.

Chris Green

May 6, 2022, 1:18:04 PM5/6/22
notya...@gmail.com <notya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > And I imagine after the summer 02 will join in.
> > >
> > O2 'derivative' Sky Mobile started charging this week. I don't think
> > Tesco or GiffGaff have yet ?
>
> I think O2 are keeping roaming as a USP, as their parent is Telefonica,
> the marginal cost to them is around zero.

Our idMobile phones (one monthly, one paygo) still roam.

--
Chris Green
·

Andy Burns

May 6, 2022, 2:01:04 PM5/6/22
notya...@gmail.com wrote:

> I think O2 are keeping roaming as a USP, as their parent is Telefonica, the marginal cost to them is around zero.

their 50% parent these days post VM merger

Chris

May 6, 2022, 6:54:25 PM5/6/22
Yup. And plusnet mobile as well.

Mark Carver

May 8, 2022, 11:15:44 AM5/8/22
I was surprised that Mrs C's Sky SIM roamed to Orange and not Movistar
(aka Telefonica) in Spain last week.

My EE SIM grabbed Orange (as you'd expect)

Chris in Makati

May 8, 2022, 1:40:20 PM5/8/22
On Fri, 6 May 2022 22:54:22 -0000 (UTC), Chris <ithi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Lebara also.

Andy Burns

May 8, 2022, 3:17:49 PM5/8/22
Chris in Makati wrote:

>>> Our idMobile phones (one monthly, one paygo) still roam.
>>
>> Yup. And plusnet mobile as well.
>
> Lebara also.

Are there any cases where a MVNO has a different roaming policy from its MNO?

Chris

May 8, 2022, 6:30:03 PM5/8/22
IDmobile are on three network and have inclusive roaming where Three itself
doesn't.

Pretty sure plusnet and EE are the same.

Chris in Makati

May 14, 2022, 4:09:30 AM5/14/22
On Sun, 8 May 2022 20:17:46 +0100, Andy Burns <use...@andyburns.uk>
wrote:
Sky have brought back EU roaming charges, but O2 (it's MNO) hasn't.