Blutooth podcast issues

Tim+

Jun 10, 2022, 3:37:08 PM6/10/22
I’m beginning to get a wee bit fed up with the way that every time my wife
gets in my car her iPhone starts playing from her list of podcasts
(resuming wherever she left off) and she can access the stored podcasts via
the on screen menus in my car.

My phone (a new Pixel 6) will never do this. To play a podcast I have to
open the app on my phone and select a podcast before it will play. I never
get a “list view” in my car’s display. I can’t jump to my next episode or
downloaded podcast using any of my infotainment controls, I have to faff
about with my phone to do this.

If this an Apple/Android difference of have I just got my settings
somewhere wrong?

Would a different podcast app make a difference? Can’t say I’ve noticed any
difference between BBC Sounds or Google’s on Podcast app in the way that
they (don’t) work.

Basically, with the iPhone everything “just works” as you’d hope it would.
With my Android phone the whole thing feels clunky and broken.

My car does have Android Auto which I guess might be a better way of
playing my podcasts but that would mean plugging my phone in (which rather
defeats the purpose of having wireless charging built in).

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Chris

Jun 11, 2022, 4:35:56 AM6/11/22
It's really difficult to say as it is a combination of features in
Apple's CarPlay and Android Auto, the level of support for each by your
car and settings in your phone(s).

My 4 yo Mazda's support is really basic - bluetooth only - and I find
very clunky to the point of dangerous so I rarely use it and only then
for longer journeys.