Copper Theft

Tweed

Nov 18, 2020, 1:31:35 PM11/18/20

A colleague, who lives in a village in the East Midlands, informed me that
a significant number of houses lost their broadband (and of course phone)
connection because the copper thieves have migrated from the railways to
the phone network. Open Reach are in the village jointing in a new 150 pair
underground cable. Technicians involved reported this is an increasingly
common problem and they can’t wait for an all fibre replacement.

Andy Burns

Nov 18, 2020, 1:34:25 PM11/18/20
Tweed wrote:

> A colleague, who lives in a village in the East Midlands, informed me that
> a significant number of houses lost their broadband (and of course phone)
> connection because the copper thieves have migrated from the railways to
> the phone network. Open Reach are in the village jointing in a new 150 pair
> underground cable.

We had that twice in this east midlands village, 1000 pair cables take
longer to replace.

198kHz

Nov 22, 2020, 11:17:53 AM11/22/20
On 18/11/2020 18:31, Tweed wrote:

> Technicians involved reported this is an increasingly
> common problem and they can’t wait for an all fibre replacement.

A big improvement obviously, but some of the dimmer scrotes nick fibre too.

--
198kHz