Block: Zen - IP 82.69.55.44

6 views
Skip to first unread message

Spin Dryer

unread,
Dec 16, 2005, 5:48:53 PM12/16/05
to
In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Zen IP space.

They are incompetent morons who do nothing.


(user infected with sober.x)

"Wango"

unread,
Dec 16, 2005, 6:27:32 PM12/16/05
to
"Spin Dryer" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:v0h6q1hms8dreq2rt...@4ax.com...

> In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Zen IP space.
>
> They are incompetent morons who do nothing.
>
>
> (user infected with sober.x)

STFU ya no now't NOOB!

Wango


Solo Rider

unread,
Dec 16, 2005, 7:47:34 PM12/16/05
to
"Spin Dryer" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:v0h6q1hms8dreq2rt...@4ax.com...
> In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Zen IP space.
>
> They are incompetent morons who do nothing.
>
>
> (user infected with sober.x)

Done some time back. They are almost as bad as Wanadodo


picker pecker

unread,
Dec 16, 2005, 10:24:45 PM12/16/05
to
"Solo Rider" <no...@nowhere.c0m> wrote:

> > "Spin Dryer" <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> >
> > In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Zen IP space.

In fact, you should set your brain to block all forms of life, including
your own!

> Done some time back. They are almost as bad as Wanadodo

Yeah, the whole Internet should be blocked! Right, SPEWS[1] k00k?

SPEWS[1] World's biggest Internet FRAUD/SCAM and BEST PIECE OF CRAP!

Com'on, bite me dickhead.

Solo Rider

unread,
Dec 16, 2005, 10:47:27 PM12/16/05
to
"picker pecker" <nym...@prague-zoo.panda> wrote in message
news:43a38501_2@mk-nntp-

>> Done some time back. They are almost as bad as Wanadodo

> Yeah, the whole Internet should be blocked! Right, SPEWS[1] k00k?
> SPEWS[1] World's biggest Internet FRAUD/SCAM and BEST PIECE OF CRAP!
>
> Com'on, bite me dickhead.

Who said anything about SPEWS? Zen is almost as clueless as you are. They
are blocked here for failure to police their users after multiple requests.


nosp...@yahoo.co.uk

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 6:11:31 AM12/17/05
to
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 03:47:27 GMT, "Solo Rider" <no...@nowhere.c0m>
wrote:

Police for what exactly? Zen are one of the best ISP's. What is your
problem?

ian

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 6:24:35 AM12/17/05
to
Spin Dryer wrote:

Why should they ? it is no their fault you choose an OS that insecure . As
someone who works for an isp at the moment ,I fail to see why we should put
microsoft sloppy coding right for them .
--
Output certified Microsoft free
Checked with Suse 10.0

Spin Dryer

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 6:40:05 AM12/17/05
to
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:24:35 +0000, [ian] said :-

>Spin Dryer wrote:
>
>> In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Zen IP space.
>>
>> They are incompetent morons who do nothing.
>>
>>
>> (user infected with sober.x)
>Why should they ? it is no their fault you choose an OS that insecure . As
>someone who works for an isp at the moment ,I fail to see why we should put
>microsoft sloppy coding right for them .


What on earth are you on about ? It's completely irrelevant whether my
OS is MS or not.

If you work for an ISP, then let me tell you this, you are _not_
putting coding correct where did you get that information from ?
You would be stopping one of _your_ users from trying to infect
others, as well as costing them in terms of bandwidth and time.

Perhaps you want _your_ users to keep sending this junk ? In which
case, go ahead Slick.


Spin Dryer

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 6:42:34 AM12/17/05
to
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:11:31 +0000, [nosp...@yahoo.co.uk] said :-

Like you've tried them all ?

Zen don't care - perhaps you like that in an ISP ?

WindsorFox

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 9:18:05 AM12/17/05
to
ian wrote:
> Spin Dryer wrote:
>
>
>>In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Zen IP space.
>>
>>They are incompetent morons who do nothing.
>>
>>
>>(user infected with sober.x)
>
> Why should they ? it is no their fault you choose an OS that insecure . As
> someone who works for an isp at the moment ,I fail to see why we should put
> microsoft sloppy coding right for them .


Someone smack this guy. YOO (as the ISP) are responsible for what
leaves YOUR connection to the rest of the world. You one told you that
you had to fix thier computer, but you do need to do something to stop
the spew.

--

Oh, you are out of your rabbid assed mind.- KJK

WindsorFox

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 9:20:32 AM12/17/05
to
nosp...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> Police for what exactly?


For clueless boobs that allow their computer to be infected and/or
controlled and either do not know or do nothing about it.

Boss Hog

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 9:27:17 AM12/17/05
to
In article <sbu7q1lav9io8hofe...@4ax.com>, m...@privacy.net
says...


> Like you've tried them all ?

Zen are renowned for being one of the best UK ISP's around, period. You
don't have to try them to know that.



> Zen don't care - perhaps you like that in an ISP ?

And which ISP do you use, big man?

It's Me

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 9:36:01 AM12/17/05
to
Spin Dryer, If you are getting loads of junk I think you should look at your
end first before just asking people to block every IP in the world.

Maybe Just maybe your computer has a virus or trojan.


Spin Dryer

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 9:43:14 AM12/17/05
to
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:36:01 -0000, [It's Me] said :-

>Spin Dryer, If you are getting loads of junk I think you should look at your
>end first before just asking people to block every IP in the world.
>
>Maybe Just maybe your computer has a virus or trojan.
>

Dear oh dear oh dear - you really don't understand it do you.

Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 10:37:26 AM12/17/05
to

Like you would know. IF Zen was as bad as you claim, how come it is NOT
listed all over the place? Anyone can check moensted.dk and see that your
claim is /not/ true. YOU are just a crybaby who wants others to be
responsible for your OWN fuckups. Run a proper AV on that OS of yours, &
keep it maintained *properly*.

Now FOAD.

--
Now please enlighten us!
Go & duct tape yourself
to a lightning rod.

Message has been deleted

Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 10:51:33 AM12/17/05
to
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:24:35 +0000, ian wrote:

> Spin Dryer wrote:
>
>> In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Zen IP space.
>>
>> They are incompetent morons who do nothing.
>>
>> (user infected with sober.x)

> Why should they ? It is no their fault you choose an OS that insecure.

Absolutely. And if the user can't run an AV, or keep it properly
maintained, he's an idiot.
That's what he gets for running Windows and not doing due diligence.

> As someone who works for an isp at the moment, I fail to see why we


> should put microsoft sloppy coding right for them .

Hm.....allowing all users admin rights too.

Solo Rider

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 10:58:02 AM12/17/05
to
<nosp...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:pgs7q1htiqtmf88t5...@4ax.com...

We were getting probes from their address space. Some looked like zombies,
at least one looked to be manned. They are also not doing anything about
infected machines spewing. We tried to address the issue with them at a NOC
to NOC level. Never even the courtesy of a response.

We blocked them about 6 months ago and have not had a complaint. If Zen is
one of the best in the UK, they must have French management.


nosp...@yahoo.co.uk

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 1:36:54 PM12/17/05
to
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:58:02 GMT, "Solo Rider" <no...@nowhere.c0m>
wrote:

Hmm - waas with BT Openworld, BT Yahoo, BB BB, for many years until
recently - got more crap hitting the firewall on BT's network than
ever I do with Zen or other ISP's. BT's email addy is constantly hit
by shit spams.

Spent months talking to BT dept's about packet loss and crappy
traceroutes - mostly got nowhere as front-line support, techies,
engineers, and inner BB techies most of the time brushed aside info
given to them - most did not know sod all about packet loss or what it
meant. Eventually they said they found a fault with my line (that's
when the exchange and ISP engineer's did not blame my
modem/router/firewall/PC, etc). Bullshit as usual.

After they said they had fixed the issue many times - sod all changed.
I could log on and get perfect results, or mostly (%98 of the time)
log on and get massive packet loss and timeouts and it would stay good
or bad - until I re-logged on), Knew it was the BT ISP side of the
chain, as eng tests my end proved my line./loss was good for 8Mb, and
my modem/router/PC/line was not an issue).

Got few up with incompetence, moved to Zen - gues what - every logon,
perfect traceroutes to known good addy's - using winmtr (combined
tr/ping) - pings are not the lowest, but not into gaming I care less.
It was not me, my line, exchange, pipe, just the ISP side at the main
hub centre.

If you want to slag ISP's off that do sod all about infected PC's and
their own network - look to BT.

Lenny Nero

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 1:47:16 PM12/17/05
to
Spin Dryer said:

> What on earth are you on about ? It's completely irrelevant whether my
> OS is MS or not.

Shows what you know.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?
http://www.readfreenews.com

Lenny Nero

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 2:01:59 PM12/17/05
to
ian said:

> Why should they ? it is no their fault you choose an OS that insecure . As
> someone who works for an isp at the moment ,I fail to see why we should put
> microsoft sloppy coding right for them .

I would be very annoyed if my Isp tired to tell me what to run, its also
not the Isp's fault if the end user is a fool, what are they to do ?

If I get scanned I block the IP addy, well I dont have to because I know
how to setup a router and firewalls.

L.

Solo Rider

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 2:26:33 PM12/17/05
to

<nosp...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:g8m8q1pedpqj4a6c9...@4ax.com...

What annoyed me most about Zen was the total lack of response. Null, nada,
zip. Given the level of clueless Windows users out there, one has to expect
a certain fraction of zombies. However, I do expect a) a response and b)
action against users who are actively attacking other networks from a
provider. We got neither from Zen. Like said earlier, no complaints as of
yet from blocking them at the router.

As for BT, I feel your pain from a user side, but they have been reasonably
responsive to other ISPs, including ourselves.


Gizmo

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 3:38:41 PM12/17/05
to

"Solo Rider" <no...@nowhere.c0m> wrote in message
news:eAWof.652405$xm3.311335@attbi_s21...

> We were getting probes from their address space. Some looked like
> zombies, at least one looked to be manned. They are also not doing
> anything about infected machines spewing. We tried to address the issue
> with them at a NOC to NOC level. Never even the courtesy of a response.
>
> We blocked them about 6 months ago and have not had a complaint. If Zen
> is one of the best in the UK, they must have French management.

No decent ISP would give out information on a public forum detailing what
action had been taken against another ISP.
Then again we have higher standards in the UK.


Solo Rider

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 5:19:07 PM12/17/05
to

"Gizmo" <Gi...@home.now> wrote in message
news:I8KdnXcTUej...@giganews.com...

You need to get out more then and see what is in the real world not to
mention NANAE.


Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 6:18:54 PM12/17/05
to

Where you're getting called on your whining, apparently. I'm told YOU
wouldn't know a zombie from an acorn.

Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 6:21:28 PM12/17/05
to

If he wants to start foaming, he should foam about Comcast, Shaw,
and all the others who DO have huge problems.

Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 6:21:49 PM12/17/05
to
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:26:33 +0000, Solo Rider wrote:

> Given the level of clueless Windows users out there,

X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670

'Nuff said.

Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 6:51:53 PM12/17/05
to

Well let's see.
From: "Solo Rider" <no...@nowhere.c0m>
NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.219.247.197
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.broadband,news.admin.net-abuse.email
Organization: AT&T ASP.att.net

Are they as bad as AT&T?
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=AT%26T&num=10&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=news.admin.net-abuse*&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=17&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2005&safe=off

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=AT%26T&num=10&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=news.admin.net-abuse.sightings&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=17&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2005&safe=off

http://groups.google.com/group/news.admin.net-abuse.email/browse_frm/thread/910541ac4d113b8f/a871f110ccec9392?tvc=1&q=AT%26T+group%3Anews.admin.net-abuse.email&hl=en#a871f110ccec9392

OOPS!! You see that last one? Why it was December 12th 2005.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=AT%26T+group%3Anews.admin.net-abuse.email&start=0&scoring=d&num=10&hl=en&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=17&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2005&safe=off&

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=SPEWS+%2B+AT%26T+group%3Anews.admin.net-abuse.email&start=0&scoring=d&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&num=10&

Oh my, oh my! MORE recent ones!

"Outblaze" has his IP 12.219.247.197 blocked!
Sorbs just has him listed because he has a dynamic address. But one of the
lists at moensted said it had received spam from that block.

Now what was that saying about "People in glass houses....."

And as for no replies, how about THIS?
"SBC does not see fit to communicate with actual common humans and may or
may not still employ any. After all, they are "The New AT&T" in every
possible sense." - http://makeashorterlink.com/?U5523255C

FYI: sbc.com, which is part of AT&T, is ranked at #2 on Spamhaus's Top Ten
list. http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings.lasso?isp=sbc.com

So what we have here is a whiner, sitting in a sewer, complaining,
because others trouser legs aren't shitstained like his.


Gizmo

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 7:43:50 PM12/17/05
to

"Yealand Conyers" <y...@yc.home.uk> wrote in message
news:pan.2005.12.17....@yc.home.uk...

Outlook Distress is like a wife:
You know you can do better. You know it's fucking unstable. But it's quick
and easy to use.

;o)


Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 7:55:03 PM12/17/05
to

LOL!

> ;o)

;-)

tiss

unread,
Dec 17, 2005, 9:21:17 PM12/17/05
to
Good find! Solo Rider is just a simpleton SPEWS fanatic/butt-monkey. So is
the backward OP, spin dryer, and the other respondents to this thread
supporting the OP: windsorfox, marcus aurelius, nick, "!:?)"... They are the
blind-folded disciples of the SPEWS cult (there are about 20-25 of them that
regularly troll in Nanae).


"Yealand Conyers" <y...@yc.home.uk> wrote in message
news:pan.2005.12.17....@yc.home.uk...

> > On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 00:47:34 +0000, Solo Rider wrote:

Seth Breidbart

unread,
Dec 18, 2005, 12:20:02 AM12/18/05
to
In article <do0shj$sbt$1$8302...@news.demon.co.uk>,

ian <i...@grindeynull.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>Spin Dryer wrote:
>
>> In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Zen IP space.
>>
>> They are incompetent morons who do nothing.
>>
>> (user infected with sober.x)
>Why should they ? it is no their fault you choose an OS that insecure . As
>someone who works for an isp at the moment ,I fail to see why we should put
>microsoft sloppy coding right for them .

You don't have to fix Micro$oft.

You _do_ have to block outgoing viruses from your own lusers in your
own IP space. If you don't know how to do that, you don't deserver to
be connected to the Internet without adult supervision.

Seth


Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 18, 2005, 5:09:06 AM12/18/05
to
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 02:21:17 +0000, tiss wrote:

> Good find! Solo Rider is just a simpleton SPEWS fanatic/butt-monkey. So is
> the backward OP, spin dryer, and the other respondents to this thread
> supporting the OP: windsorfox, marcus aurelius, nick, "!:?)"...

"tiss" Customer of PlusNet plc probably Moronic Moris.

http://www.pearlgates.net:8080/nanae/kooks/moris/aliasses.shtml

SPEWS wasn't even mentioned. WindsorFox, Seth Breidbart, are NOT
supporting the OP. Read them again, fool. marcus aurelius, nick, "!:?),
are not even in the thread, in uk.t.b or n.a.n.a.e. You are just showing
yourself to be a moron, maybe /that's/ why you're referred to as "moronis"

> They are the blind-folded disciples of the SPEWS cult (there are about
> 20-25 of them that regularly troll in Nanae).

Whereas you are a frustrated spammer.

"SPEWS listees who post about their listing in this newsgroup should
expect to read at least one follow-up from a poster who calls himself
"Moris". Moris will claim that SPEWS is an illegal blacklist that is
designed to punish them because they are innocent. When asked, Moris
will not say where SPEWS is illegal. When pressed for an answer, Moris
will resort to personal attacks against the questioner that will
eventually degenerate to homophobic rantings. The inescapable
conclusion is that Moris has no answer. When shown that SPEWS is
completely legal, Moris dismisses the evidence."

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/news.admin.net-abuse.email/msg/14559b129ad0556a?hl=en&

Idiot.

Chris

unread,
Dec 18, 2005, 9:22:47 AM12/18/05
to
In article <do2ri1$bio$1...@reader1.panix.com>, se...@panix.com says...

..just as well 'Ian' doesn't hold root access on any Thus boxes!

WindsorFox

unread,
Dec 18, 2005, 12:49:04 PM12/18/05
to
Gizmo wrote:

> Then again we have higher standards in the UK.
>
>

Really? Others call it "pussification."

tiss

unread,
Dec 18, 2005, 2:01:32 PM12/18/05
to
"Yealand Conyers" <y...@yc.home.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 02:21:17 +0000, tiss wrote:
>
> > Good find! Solo Rider is just a simpleton SPEWS fanatic/butt-monkey. So
> > is the backward OP, spin dryer, and the other respondents to this thread
> > supporting the OP: windsorfox, marcus aurelius, nick, "!:?)"...
>
> "tiss" Customer of PlusNet plc probably Moronic Moris.
>
> http://www.pearlgates.net:8080/nanae/kooks/moris/aliasses.shtml

You are pointing us to crap written by Hell (AKA "Angel"), a brain-washed
SPEWS disciple who hates my guts, as impartial evidence? Nice one!

Here is a quick glimpse into backward SPEWS disciples:

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1605

<SNIP garbage and fairy tales from a SPEWS loon>

> Whereas you are a frustrated spammer.

And you can no doubt show us the evidence to back up your claim! You can't?
That's a pity.

> Idiot.

That sure is a nice description of yourself.

Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 18, 2005, 6:10:16 PM12/18/05
to
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:01:32 +0000, tiss wrote:

> "Yealand Conyers" <y...@yc.home.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 02:21:17 +0000, tiss wrote:

<nothing>

"Moronic" Moris has recently posted as:

Nomans Land; Tristar Dave; Nomans Farm; Neil K.;
garden of eden; Thermo DNS; Angel4; Spam Exterminator;
Andrew Gillard; Martin Kane; John O'Hanlon Spam
Investigator; picker pecker; tiss

He has also been blocked from posting to
news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting because he cannot control himself.

About Moris:-

tiss

unread,
Dec 18, 2005, 9:15:21 PM12/18/05
to
"Yealand Conyers" <y...@yc.home.uk> wrote:

<SNIP an overload of garbage from a SPEWS disciple>

> He has also been blocked from posting to
> news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting because he cannot control himself.

Another false rumor spread by the SPEWS disciples.

---
A quick glimpse into the mindset of the SPEWS disciples:

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=1605

Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 19, 2005, 5:05:37 AM12/19/05
to
On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 02:15:21 +0000, tiss wrote:

> "Yealand Conyers" <y...@yc.home.uk> wrote:
>
> <SNIP an overload of garbage from an idiot spammer>

FYI: Moris is a spanked spammer that got listed on SPEWS
about two years ago. He has also been blocked from

posting to news.admin.net-abuse.blocklisting
because he cannot control himself.

"Moronic" Moris has recently posted as:

Nomans Land; Tristar Dave; Nomans Farm; Neil K.;
garden of eden; Thermo DNS; Angel4; Spam Exterminator;
Andrew Gillard; Martin Kane; John O'Hanlon Spam
Investigator; picker pecker; tiss

http://www.pearlgates.net:8080/nanae/kooks/moris/aliasses.shtml

The clown posts through PlusNet & Tiscali.

More about Moris:-


"SPEWS listees who post about their listing in this newsgroup should
expect to read at least one follow-up from a poster who calls himself
"Moris". Moris will claim that SPEWS is an illegal blacklist that is
designed to punish them because they are innocent. When asked, Moris will
not say where SPEWS is illegal. When pressed for an answer, Moris will
resort to personal attacks against the questioner that will eventually
degenerate to homophobic rantings. The inescapable conclusion is that
Moris has no answer. When shown that SPEWS is completely legal, Moris
dismisses the evidence."

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/news.admin.net-abuse.email/msg/14559b129ad0556a?hl=e

Ok, ask this of moronis:
Why is SPEWS illegal?
Where does any /legitimate/ website say that SPEWS is illegal?

Spin Dryer

unread,
Dec 26, 2005, 4:57:22 AM12/26/05
to
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:48:53 +0000, [Spin Dryer] said :-

>In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Zen IP space.
>
>They are incompetent morons who do nothing.
>
>
>(user infected with sober.x)


You will be pleased to hear that Zen have done zilch about it.

They are abysmal buffoons.

Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 26, 2005, 5:08:04 AM12/26/05
to

<crossposting snipped>

And you are an idiot.

IF Zen was as bad as you claim, how come it is NOT listed all over the
place? Anyone can check moensted.dk and see that your claim is /not/ true.
YOU are just a crybaby who wants others to be responsible for your OWN
fuckups. Run a proper AV on that OS of yours, & keep it maintained
*properly*, or change to an OS which isn't affected by viruses.

--
http://www.seige-perilous.org/spam/spam-SPEWS.html
http://www.spews.org/
Disclaimer: I have /nothing/ to do with SPEWS, nor
do I know of anyone who has.

Spin Dryer

unread,
Dec 26, 2005, 7:17:35 AM12/26/05
to
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:08:04 +0000, [Yealand Conyers] said :-

>On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:57:22 +0000, Spin Dryer wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:48:53 +0000, [Spin Dryer] said :-
>>
>>>In fact, set your blocklist to include all of Zen IP space.
>>>
>>>They are incompetent morons who do nothing.
>>>
>>>
>>>(user infected with sober.x)
>>
>>
>> You will be pleased to hear that Zen have done zilch about it.
>>
>> They are abysmal buffoons.
>
><crossposting snipped>
>
>And you are an idiot.
>
>IF Zen was as bad as you claim, how come it is NOT listed all over the
>place? Anyone can check moensted.dk and see that your claim is /not/ true.
>YOU are just a crybaby who wants others to be responsible for your OWN
>fuckups. Run a proper AV on that OS of yours, & keep it maintained
>*properly*, or change to an OS which isn't affected by viruses.

What the hell is wrong with you Bucko ?

This has _nothing_ to do with me at all, my systems are not infected
at all, what on earth makes you think it is ?

The user IP address 82.69.55.44 however, is infected, and Zen are
doing nothing to prevent the spew from this user.

There is nothing to claim here - it is 100% fact.

Alistair Cockeram

unread,
Dec 26, 2005, 8:58:14 AM12/26/05
to
[Spin Dryer wrote in uk.telecom.broadband]

>
> The user IP address 82.69.55.44 however, is infected, and Zen are
> doing nothing to prevent the spew from this user.

Have you sent an abuse report to ab...@zen.co.uk yet? If not, the earliest
they will be able to take action is Wednesday the 28th.

This will involve contacting the end user and requesting that they
clean up their systems. If further reports are recieved after the end
user has been notified, then their account will be suspended.

--
Alistair Cockeram, Hebden Bridge UK
"Everyone around me dies, Mr. Morden, except those who most deserve it."

Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 26, 2005, 9:19:20 AM12/26/05
to
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:17:35 +0000, Spin Dryer wrote:

<snip>

> The user IP address 82.69.55.44 however, is infected, and Zen are doing
> nothing to prevent the spew from this user.
>
> There is nothing to claim here - it is 100% fact.

Very well. Tell us who /your/ ISP & let's see how good /they/ are.

Ono Nottim

unread,
Dec 26, 2005, 5:54:27 PM12/26/05
to
Hi Guys & Girls
Well I've only been with Zen a few days, but had dealings with them a little
while longer. I think they are great.
As far as I can see the plaintiff offers no credible evidence that they are
in any way to blame.
To the contrary they provide a first class service - look at the accolades
they receive on this news group, alone.
To the OP - I would proffer the following suggestion ......
Empty barrels make most noise.
I rest my case
Hoping you have all had a good Christmas
Ono


Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 26, 2005, 6:15:38 PM12/26/05
to

Well said!

> Hoping you have all had a good Christmas Ono

Yes, hope you did! :-)

Spin Dryer

unread,
Dec 27, 2005, 5:11:07 AM12/27/05
to
On 26 Dec 2005 13:58:14 GMT, [Alistair Cockeram] said :-

>[Spin Dryer wrote in uk.telecom.broadband]
>>
>> The user IP address 82.69.55.44 however, is infected, and Zen are
>> doing nothing to prevent the spew from this user.
>
>Have you sent an abuse report to ab...@zen.co.uk yet? If not, the earliest
>they will be able to take action is Wednesday the 28th.

I have sent them dozens. Indeed on 21st, they said that they had
contacted the customer to run a full system scan and giving them a
chance to clean up. If it continues more than 24hrs later to send
reports in for them to take further action.

This they have _not_ done of course, as the spew just keeps coming.

>
>This will involve contacting the end user and requesting that they
>clean up their systems. If further reports are recieved after the end
>user has been notified, then their account will be suspended.

In this case, _nothing_ has been done. The user is _still_ spewing out
this virus today.

That is complete incompetance.

Yealand Conyers

unread,
Dec 27, 2005, 5:37:54 AM12/27/05
to
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:11:07 +0000, Spin Dryer wrote:

<snip>

Please tell us the name of /your/ ISP, & then we can find out how
competant /they/ are.

Phil D.Long

unread,
Dec 28, 2005, 8:28:42 AM12/28/05
to
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:57:22 +0000, Spin Dryer <m...@privacy.net>
wrote:

Hello,

This has now been dealt with, according to our abuse procedures. In
all but the most serious cases we operate a 'three-strikes' method
whereby an account will be suspended if the customer does not resolve
abuse/security issues following repeated requests to do so (and
further reports are received).

In this case this procedure has been followed, however the suspension
was delayed until after the Christmas holiday period.

kind regards,
Phil D.Long
--
Phil D.Long
ZeN Internet Ltd. - Technical Support Manager
W: www.zensupport.co.uk

Marcus Aurelius

unread,
Dec 28, 2005, 9:25:01 AM12/28/05