talktalk: a net to catch the nations fools

1 view

tg

Oct 6, 2006, 2:49:02 PM10/6/06
anyone who subscribes to talktalk is a gullible fool.
The broadband service from talktalk is disgraceful, (if it ever works at all) and when you want help from them the lines are
constantly jammed with long queues, sometimes you don't even get into a line, the automated message at talktalk says 'all agents
are busy, call back later'.
The guys who run talktalk are just a bunch of confidence wide-boys, sending their agents out door to door to pressure and con the
public into switching their phone line to them.
My advice: DON'T.
I'm happy to say that I have nothing to do with talktalk but in my job I continually encounter people who have signed up with
talktalk only to realise they have made a huge mistake and have been taken for a ride.

Gaz

Oct 6, 2006, 5:02:55 PM10/6/06

The service so far from Sky, who also offer a 'free' service has been
exceptional, and full credit for the way they have managed registrations, by
only contacting customers when *sky* is able to process their request.

Annoying for those waiting, but it does mean they dont end up in the same
situation.

Gaz

Alan

Oct 6, 2006, 6:02:52 PM10/6/06
In message <4526a52d$0$21345$db0f...@news.zen.co.uk>, tg
<t...@nospamevereverever.net> wrote

>anyone who subscribes to talktalk is a gullible fool.
>The broadband service from talktalk is disgraceful, (if it ever works
>at all) and when you want help from them the lines are
>constantly jammed with long queues,

Their call centre was shown on TV the other day. All phones are answered
within 15 seconds.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

tg

Oct 6, 2006, 6:18:28 PM10/6/06

"Alan" <junk_...@amac.f2s.com> wrote in message news:1KudOMDM...@amac.f2s.com...

> In message <4526a52d$0$21345$db0f...@news.zen.co.uk>, tg <t...@nospamevereverever.net> wrote
>
>>anyone who subscribes to talktalk is a gullible fool.
>>The broadband service from talktalk is disgraceful, (if it ever works at all) and when you want help from them the lines are
>>constantly jammed with long queues,
>
> Their call centre was shown on TV the other day. All phones are answered within 15 seconds.

complete bullshit - something very sinister going on there for sure. Doubtless they engineered such a show for the cameras or had
some other scheme going on. Believing that TT answer all calls in 15 seconds means you're in cloud cuckoo land.

Bob Smith

Oct 7, 2006, 4:06:11 AM10/7/06

> In message <4526a52d$0$21345$db0f...@news.zen.co.uk>, tg
> <t...@nospamevereverever.net> wrote
>
>>anyone who subscribes to talktalk is a gullible fool.
>>The broadband service from talktalk is disgraceful, (if it ever works at
>>all) and when you want help from them the lines are
>>constantly jammed with long queues,
>
> Their call centre was shown on TV the other day. All phones are answered
> within 15 seconds.

Perhaps it is within 15 seconds of you coming off the 15 minute queue
system?

Also, I doubt it would be anything like that inthe evening when people are
home from work and free to call...

Bob

Message has been deleted

tg

Oct 7, 2006, 3:16:57 PM10/7/06

"Brillo" <rustyt...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1160220076.8...@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> tg wrote:
>> anyone who subscribes to talktalk is a gullible fool.
> Maybe I'm just lucky.
> Get on with it! Stop moaning.

get fucked, you've got no idea what is going on out there. If people like me didn't moan the corporations of Britain would be
shitting on us even more than they are now. In your connection success you've got NO IDEA how many frustrated and unhappy people
there are out there not getting what they're paying talktalk for. You are lucky, so spare a thought for all those other people your
age who are getting screwed by talktalk.

Message has been deleted

tg

Oct 7, 2006, 7:44:36 PM10/7/06

"Brillo" <rustyt...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1160251748.8...@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...

>> get fucked, you've got no idea what is going on out there. If people like me didn't moan the corporations of Britain would be
>> shitting on us even more than they are now. In your connection success you've got NO IDEA how many frustrated and unhappy people
>> there are out there not getting what they're paying talktalk for. You are lucky, so spare a thought for all those other people
>> your
>> age who are getting screwed by talktalk.
>
> What a wonderfully intelligent reply.
> I'm afraid that the 'corporations of Britain' are not going to take
> much notice of comments which start as yours has.
>
> Listen Sunshine!
> People of my vintage have had to put up with a lot more than moaning
> about connections that don't quite match up to their satisfaction.
> I am just telling you that TalkTalk works for me and I am sure it works
> for thousands more out there.
> I have many friends and neighbours running TalkTalk and it works for
> them as well.
> It is noticeable that the only comments on this group are from those
> who are dim enough not to be able to look after their own computers.
>
> As I have said. Get over it!
>
> If you are really worried, try walking in to your local Carphone
> Warehouse branch.
>
> Now come on. 'Lighten up' as you young people say.

I can't 'get over it'. My line of work puts me in constant collision with this new breed of 'major arsehole', aka 'telephone
company' offering free broadband (not) with their phone package. These new upstart/yuppie companies are a serious blight on the
corporate landscape who take peoples money and give them fuck all in return. They are the thin end of a very big and nasty wedge
that will slowly undermine us all. The fact that they are shafting so many people and getting away with it is a warning in itself
as to the direction this country is going. It's not looking good and companies like talktalk and toucan are the writing on the
wall.
And it astonishes me that you suggest I walk into a Carphone wharehouse. Do you really think the goat fucker behind the counter is
goning to do anything or pay any attention?

NoNeedToKnow

Oct 8, 2006, 7:18:51 AM10/8/06
On 7 Oct 2006, "Brillo" <rustyt...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>It is noticeable that the only comments on this group are from those
>who are dim enough not to be able to look after their own computers.

Hate to point out you are wrong, but that's a fact. You will find that
there are plenty of questions unrelated to 'looking after computers' and
some respondents who aim to assist others with the breadth of experience
gained over some large number of years. If all you've seen are comments
from those 'dim enough not to be able to look after their own computers'
then you need to read a lot more of the past 100,000+ posts and rethink.

Travec The Dacian

Oct 8, 2006, 8:27:55 AM10/8/06
On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 00:44:36 +0100, "tg" <t...@nospamevereverever.net>
wrote:

>I can't 'get over it'. My line of work puts me in constant collision with this new breed of 'major arsehole'.

Do you work for Clarity.it by any chance, tg? If not, you should
apply for a job with them. They'd love you.

Travec

Travec The Dacian

Oct 8, 2006, 8:33:41 AM10/8/06
On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 12:18:51 +0100, NoNeedToKnow <m...@privacy.net>
wrote:

>>It is noticeable that the only comments on this group are from those
>>who are dim enough not to be able to look after their own computers.

He must be referring himself here as he doesnt even know how to sort
the line length in his rants ;-)

I suppose he'll tell me to get f*cked now or something equally
inspiring.

NoNeedToKnow

Oct 8, 2006, 9:07:40 AM10/8/06
On 08 Oct 2006, Travec The Dacian wrote:

>He must be referring himself here as he doesnt even know how to sort
>the line length in his rants ;-)

Think you are confusing the two posters. I suggest you check the name
of the poster I was quoting...

tg

Oct 8, 2006, 12:38:44 PM10/8/06

"Travec The Dacian" <Travec...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:frrhi212sl0hhit0g...@4ax.com...

get fucked

Tom

Oct 10, 2006, 5:55:31 PM10/10/06
A mate, literally across the road, has had TalkTalk for over a month.
He's on about 2.2mbps and I am on almost 6 mbps on my different ISP.
He can virtually never get on at all and has never been able to send or
receive an e-mail. I managed to get his e-mail for him once via my ISP and
suggested he
get another e-mail address and preferably another ISP !

"tg" <t...@nospamevereverever.net> wrote in message

Danone@bt.com Pier Danone

Oct 11, 2006, 2:07:55 AM10/11/06
"Tom" <tj1...@freenetname.co.uk> wrote in message

|A mate, literally across the road, has had TalkTalk for over a month.
| He's on about 2.2mbps and I am on almost 6 mbps on my different ISP.
| He can virtually never get on at all and has never been able to send or
| receive an e-mail. I managed to get his e-mail for him once via my ISP and
| suggested he
| get another e-mail address and preferably another ISP !

He can always complain about it and threaten to stop paying for the
broadband.....

Gaz

Oct 11, 2006, 11:06:46 AM10/11/06

"Tom" <tj1...@freenetname.co.uk> wrote in message
>A mate, literally across the road, has had TalkTalk for over a month.
>He's on about 2.2mbps and I am on almost 6 mbps on my different ISP.
> He can virtually never get on at all and has never been able to send or
> receive an e-mail. I managed to get his e-mail for him once via my ISP
> and suggested he
> get another e-mail address and preferably another ISP !

Has he tried plugging his modem into socket behind the master socket
fascia???

My line was considered so bad a couple of years ago, BT refused to allow
broadband on my line, no matter which provider, saying the stats where to
poor.

I had the line activated by sky a couple of months ago, and i get a rock
steady 2mb download, 750k upload, and for about 20 hours in the day i can
get 3mb (it loses sync at 3mb between 7pm and 11pm if i try to keep it at
3mb)...

Sticking the faceplate isolator on my line gave me at least half a mb in
speed.

Gaz