Definition of 'FOD'?

Bob Eager

Aug 30, 2022, 3:56:12 AM8/30/22
OpenReach guy currently putting in FTTP. He referred to either the
overhead fibre or the one into the house as a FOD (I only heard it, not
spelled it).

He doesn't know what that stands for. Just curious.

Any ideas?

Mark Carver

Aug 30, 2022, 4:35:06 AM8/30/22
Fibre On Demand ?

David Wade

Aug 30, 2022, 4:41:24 AM8/30/22
On 30/08/2022 08:56, Bob Eager wrote:
I suppose it could be this :-

https://www.openreach.co.uk/cpportal/products/fibre-broadband/new-fttp-on-demand

but I assume that would only be for business premises

Dave

Woody

Aug 30, 2022, 4:48:38 AM8/30/22
Or maybe something like Fibre Overhead Drop?

Theo

Aug 30, 2022, 5:35:01 AM8/30/22
Anyone can order it, but it costs about £9K on average so most people aren't
interested. The difference in installation is it's fibre from your local
FTTC cabinet, whereas a blanket FTTP installation doesn't need the cabinet
and may well run fibre from somewhere else.

But that doesn't really square with the way the term was used here.

Theo

MB

Aug 30, 2022, 5:36:24 AM8/30/22
On 30/08/2022 09:41, David Wade wrote:
> but I assume that would only be for business premises

Or anyone willing to pay?

Richmond

Aug 30, 2022, 6:56:11 AM8/30/22
Foreign Object Damage.